Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendy2shoes

Going to be a grandma 3X this year!

wendy2shoes
14 years ago

My twin daughters are both pregnant, one with her first in March, the other with her second babe in August, which has been confirmed as twins today! Poor dear will have three kids under 2&1/2 years old.

I did the twin thing, but their older sister was five when it happened..a great little helper.

OMG.. twins and terrible twos!

Well, at least she has a couple of pretty spry grannys ready to help...

Still..I've been there..I feel for her, all the work, loss of sleep, and never really being able to give the one on one that those babies deserve..just because you physically can't!

Will keep you posted.

Comments (5)

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

How exciting to be awaiting three new babies. Glad both grannies can help out both new mothers. Though two babies can be exhausting I am sure your daughter appreciates that her twins will have that twin bond that she and her sister share.

• gardenluv
    14 years ago

Congrats! That is so exciting for you! There is nothing like a new bundle of joy in your life....or 3!

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Congrats! I did the twin thing too and had an 8 year old and 6 year old at the time. I was very grateful not to have a toddler running around. It's hard to get up out of a rocking chair with two babies in your lap. : )

When I was still pregnant with my twins, I read a book about raising twins that said parents of multiples are nine times greater to abuse their children. It said, almost always, it's not the multiples but the older siblings that are abused. It sure made me stop and think. You can't help but put more demands on the older children out of necessity and it's easy to neglect them too. My six year old was just starting kindergarten when my twins were born and I needed to help her with reading and writing more than I did. The first few months were so tough.

I really appreciated having grandmas to help. You'll be a blessing I'm sure.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    14 years ago

Congratulations Wendy!! It's going to be an exciting year for all of you. :O)

You made me think about my mother with my brothers. Within 10 months of having Jean-Paul, she had André. Then 10 months later she had twins, Gilles and Guy. Four boys in diapers in the mid-50s!!! I just can't imagine that. No disposable diapers, no clothes dryers, no paper towels, etc. She went on to have 5 more and then called it quits. She had no help from the grandmothers since her maman lived in Quebec, and my father's mame just didn't want to help...

I think it made her a very strong person. She's now 83, living on her own still, and walks about 5 kilometers a day. She is also very creative and paints and now keeps a 'studio/playroom' in her home for the greatgrandchildren as she did for us and the grandchildren. In the summer, the studio moves outside to the gardens. Something tells me you both have lots in common in terms of wonderful personalities!

Best wishes!

• wendy2shoes
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tiff..your mother (and father!) were very busy! My first born son (unfortunately passed at 18 months with leukemia) and my second born girl..(delight of my life) were 10 months apart.

Even though they were so close together, those 10 months made a difference when compared with the twins. I'm just glad I was young and fit (26 years old) when I had them.
    My daughter is 32 ..not that old, but already feels that this pregnancy is "different".

It's going to be a long summer for her.
    Can you imagine what "octo-mom" must have gone through? Like..how can you sleep? There can't be a comfortable side!

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks