Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zone_envy

Exploding Pants!

zone_envy
18 years ago

I knew that would get your attention, lol.

Is anyone else getting this pop-up? Its a pair of pants that materializes in the middle of the screen and pops it's button off.

I keep accidentally clicking on it and opening the ad in another window. Grrrrrr...it's driving me crazy and it's coming up almost every time I load a new page.

I don't mind the ads on the side of the page but this is really frustrating. This ad is for Kraft Foods, and I do like a lot of their products, but this does NOT make me want to buy them.

I have my pop-ups blocked, but this one seems to get through no matter what I try.

Okay, just had to get that off my chest. I'm good now, lol.

Cindy

Comments (7)

• mudinmyshorts
    18 years ago

I think the ad comes up short because nothing falls out of the pants after the button pops. Now that would get some attention! Too bad it can't be a button popping blouse from time to time. I love cleavage. Don't they know cleavage works to sell almost anything? You can almost hear guys all across the globe going "Wow ... look at that cleavage ... makes me wanna buy health food." :-D

It does makes you wonder ... apparently it only takes a really small brain to attain the status of marketing genius. And apparently your typical consumer is not regarded as too bright. Is there really someone out there that says "I gotta go out and buy that product!" on the seven thousand and fourth time they see the button pop off the pants? I guess so or why would they spend the money.

I can deal with it by simply ignoring it and cracking jokes about it. However, I share your frustration that my pop-up catcher doesn't catch and terminate it. That suggests we will see similar idiotic creations from time to time.

• Justine_London
    18 years ago

I sympathize with your frustration in dealing with annoying popups, although I haven't encountered your Kraft "exploding pants" yet. I don't want to run out and buy a product because an ad annoys me....geesh!!! It's only a matter of time before the pop-up blockers figure out how to get around this new invader.....It keeps the new generation of techie youngsters in jobs, I guess. Oh My Gawd....How Old does that make me seem! 'Bout 147 I'd say!......

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

You got my attention...but haven't seen the exploding pants.

Do these things make it past a pop-up blocker or what?

My present antivirus and anti everything is soon to expire, and so I'll be looking for and installing hopefully lots of 'good' free stuff.

Sue

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

I can't believe you guys haven't gotten the exploding pants yet. I was 2 seconds away from making this post myself. They are so annoying! The worst part is that it has a white background that blends in with the screen, very creepy. I wonder if they sell anything that way.

• tazdevyl1
    18 years ago

That one isnt as bad as the "shake shake shake,shake your bottle" for the Crystal Light I think it was. And theres another one like that as well, but cant quite remember what is was for.

• forest_girl
    18 years ago

I get this all the time too even though I also have a popup blocker. however it usually only stays a few seconds. In fact it was only today that I finally realized what it was advertising for...I agree it is annoying and totally doesn't make me want to to go buy those products.

• kqcrna
    18 years ago

As I read this thread there was a woman in a bra (bali bra ad) just to the right of mims' post about cleavage. Too funny!

The exploding pants gets by my pop up blocker, too. When it annoys me too much I split and visit Dave's for a while.

Karen

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH