Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barefoot_contessa

OK newbies, and possibly olfies (is that a word, LoL)

barefoot_contessa
15 years ago

Do you find yourself getting up at 4:30am just to peruse (sp?)

these forums? Am I the only freak, who REALLY loves, enjoys and appreciates my sleep) who does this?

I've actually had all of my housework done and ready to sit and cruise GW for hours at a time sometimes, but 6:00am.

I AM NOT a morning person, well, I wasn't, until now :-)

Please tell me I'm not the only one!!!

Carrie - who's thinking about finding a support group...HEY!!!!! this could be it! What'cha think? ;-)

Comments (13)

• barefoot_contessa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

olfies, was meant to be oldies! Do'h!;-)

• nancy_drew
    15 years ago

I do the same thing. I get up about 5:45, start the coffee, watch a bit of the news and then lurk, or sometimes post here.

Carrie, I don't know if I'm a newbie or an oldie... I was here 04/05, then came back this winter... but I do know this place can be a whole lot of fun, highly educational and addicting!!

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

I find myself w/one page open to the GW most of the day.
    I walk by an glance at the screen.
    I think my worst time is very late at night. I will be reading along at 9 p.m. next thing I know it's 1 a.m. What the world am I doing??? I need to be up by 5 a.m.
    So much to learn an so little time : )
    Best time is when it is all snowy out side and I'm done w/everything. It is so quite an I can read as much as I want. Well providing I have electric : )
    I'm sort of a oldie or middle of the roadie to flower gardening an some veggie gardening in general. But not really that old to the GW. I found this gem in June of 2007.
    Have a great day!
    Bonnie

• gardencrazy
    15 years ago

How about semi-newbie? I found this site in winter of 07 but was afraid to post. I read everything I could and went out and w/sed and it was great. I didnt come here last year because I had a new greenhouse. I decided I like the w/s better and have been here soooo much this winter. I rush to work early to look for new post. I use half of my lunch break to look for new post. and then rush home to look for new posts. In between that I am collecting jugs and trying to talk someone...ANYONE into w/s with me. but I cant get anyone around me interested yet.

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

This is what I spend the majority of my time doing! I can't seem to help it. I'm afraid I might miss something important.

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

LOL, I don't get up in the middle of the night to check the forums though do post during the night as I am a night owl. I check the ws forum often throughout the hours I am awake. The information one gets here is great but it is really the community aspect that keeps me coming back. I consider you all my friends and speak of you in conversations with my in person friends. Sometimes they look at me funny and think me odd but I probably converse more often with you than with them.

I love that you share your ideas, your jokes, your mistakes, your successes, your photos and that I can revisit our conversations any time at the click of the mouse.

Thanks for being friends.

Bobbie

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

HA HA HA,
    Proudgm,you would,every thing we say is important. :0)
    cAROL

Bobby,i am with you 100%,i love this place!

• MissMyGardens
    15 years ago

I always keep a GW window open on my laptop.

When I'm looking for information on a plant or most anything to do with gardening I search the forums as well as the net.

The WS forum is a place to get "warm" this time of year and find nice, generous, down to earth people all year round talking about things no one in my everyday life wants to hear about.

Since I only sleep a few hours at a time I'm reading forums at all hours but it ups my sanity quotient...LOL.

Thanks for being here!

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

I keep one open too. I have a toddler who recently switched to his big boy bed and has to be settled back down when he wakes in the night or rolls out from under the covers. I often drift downstairs to check the forum before trying to grab some sleep before he wants up. Lately he has a new cold so every two hours or so I am running in there. I really have to fill up that humidifier or my posts aren't going to make any sense, lol.

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Oh Kat,
    I remember those days,my friend and i were talking the other day about mothers,we can hear a child roll over in bed from a dead sleep,gotta get up and make sure every thing is ok.
    Sweet days,enjoy them, they grow up so fast.
    cAROL

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who goes through these things. Although it is much better than the nursing him all night phase. I used to get up once a night for some quiet time then and check garden web. Now he is into Go diego Go, and I usually time to check up here when that comes on.

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

I too find myself up really late reading here. Knowing I need the sleep. It's ben going on for a year! Always checking posts or new forums.

I also rush around getting things down so I will have hours to spend on line. I thought it would fade but it really has not.

Like tonight I should go out and meet up w/ some friends a band we like is playing locally- haven't been out all week except for a couple of store and errand runs. My youngest is almost 18 and I'm single so I should not want to stay home and talk gardening I think I need an intervention.
    Annette

• brandymulvaine
    15 years ago

This is my second year wintersowing and the computer is almost always on this channel!!LOL!! I try not to post early in the morning before I've had a few cups of coffee, who knows what I'll say?
    -B