Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liza070831

New (to me) bread making

liza070831
15 years ago

I just discovered a new way to make the most delicious bread ever. It's called No Knead bread: if you haven't tried it just go to Breadtopia.com for receipes. It really works. Ellie

Comments (10)

• retiredprof
    15 years ago

I tried that last year and it didn't work for me. Believe it or not, I'm making bread as I write this--I do it a couple times a week. Of course, I let the bread machine or the mixer (for bigger batches) do the kneading work. But I form my own loaves, sprinkle with various seeds and in the oven they go. I've got it down to a science. The best French/Italian crusty bread ever!

Joe

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Joe, a statement like that requires a recipe. I don't have a bread machine but I do have a very good mixer and I love good bread.

Years ago, a group of my friends would gather once a month and we would make bread, kneading by hand. It was great fun.

• retiredprof
    15 years ago

mnwsgal: I'm going to write this up (very detailed, I'm AR!) for the mixer version. It really is good and everybody asks for this all the time: "Giuseppe, you making the bread to go with the spaghettis?". I even wrap it and give it away as a little Xmas gift with a small bottle of olive oil (and mixed herbs and spices) for dipping.

I'll send this to you via email. If anyone else would like a copy, please email me and I'll send it along.

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Ellie, I have read about No Knead bread but haven't tried it yet. Will give it a try soon.

Thanks, Joe, I will be watching for your recipe.

Bobbie

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

Hey Guiseppe! You send me the recipe for the bread to go with the spaghetti??

Grazie!!
    gg :)

• retiredprof
    15 years ago

I finally wrote up the Italian Bread Recipe, and I've sent it to mnwsgal and greylady. It's in Word, but if you need me to just copy and paste into an email, I can do that, no problem. Hope you enjoy!

PS: I made a half batch yesterday (two loaves) to go with a slow-cooker pot roast. Two people for dinner. No bread left.

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

OK, I'll break down & share my secret recipe if ya all would like, here goes :
    (Jan) Roades Bread;
    buy ingredients all in one package at Walmart
    Thaw
    Let rise
    Bake
    hahaha
    for years the family thought I was a very good cook! LOL
    jan ")

• mmqchdygg
    15 years ago

There's no such thing as no need bread.
    EVERYONE needs bread! ;)

• triona
    15 years ago

(newbie delurking!)

If you think the No-Knead bread is fun, try Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes

• not_a_contessa
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting this Ellie, it's very encouraging to know I don't have to do all the work to get good bread.

I also like the link Triona gave us, now that's something I definitely will try.

Retiredprof, I would love to get your recipes.

Mary