Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New (to me) bread making

Posted by liza070831 z4VT (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 09 at 11:36

I just discovered a new way to make the most delicious bread ever. It's called No Knead bread: if you haven't tried it just go to Breadtopia.com for receipes. It really works. Ellie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New (to me) bread making

I tried that last year and it didn't work for me. Believe it or not, I'm making bread as I write this--I do it a couple times a week. Of course, I let the bread machine or the mixer (for bigger batches) do the kneading work. But I form my own loaves, sprinkle with various seeds and in the oven they go. I've got it down to a science. The best French/Italian crusty bread ever!

Joe

o

Joe, a statement like that requires a recipe. I don't have a bread machine but I do have a very good mixer and I love good bread.

Years ago, a group of my friends would gather once a month and we would make bread, kneading by hand. It was great fun.

o

mnwsgal: I'm going to write this up (very detailed, I'm AR!) for the mixer version. It really is good and everybody asks for this all the time: "Giuseppe, you making the bread to go with the spaghettis?". I even wrap it and give it away as a little Xmas gift with a small bottle of olive oil (and mixed herbs and spices) for dipping.

I'll send this to you via email. If anyone else would like a copy, please email me and I'll send it along.

o

Ellie, I have read about No Knead bread but haven't tried it yet. Will give it a try soon.

Thanks, Joe, I will be watching for your recipe.

Bobbie

o

Hey Guiseppe! You send me the recipe for the bread to go with the spaghetti??

Grazie!!
gg :)

o

I finally wrote up the Italian Bread Recipe, and I've sent it to mnwsgal and greylady. It's in Word, but if you need me to just copy and paste into an email, I can do that, no problem. Hope you enjoy!

PS: I made a half batch yesterday (two loaves) to go with a slow-cooker pot roast. Two people for dinner. No bread left.

o

OK, I'll break down & share my secret recipe if ya all would like, here goes :
(Jan) Roades Bread;
buy ingredients all in one package at Walmart
Thaw
Let rise
Bake
hahaha
for years the family thought I was a very good cook! LOL
jan ")

o

There's no such thing as no need bread.
EVERYONE needs bread! ;)

o

(newbie delurking!)

If you think the No-Knead bread is fun, try Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes

o

Thanks for posting this Ellie, it's very encouraging to know I don't have to do all the work to get good bread.

I also like the link Triona gave us, now that's something I definitely will try.

Retiredprof, I would love to get your recipes.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here