Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you like public radio?

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 11:38

I love it. I re-discovered it last year here in Columbus and joined as a supportive member. funny thing is that I was a news anchor there in the 80s as WOSU. I love NPR, the Amadeaus (sp?) deli at noon and All Things Considered.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you like public radio?

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 22:52

I LOVE NPR and my nearby college classical music radio stations. All things considered is the best! I am a fan on facebook and get updates from them.

Rhonda

o

I am so glad I found someone to share my interests. :-D

I love NPR. Been listening to it off and on for a few years. Much more so for the past year.
When the programs get too depressing, I switch to a classical music station. :-)

AND PBS! Is anybody watching PBS?
I am a big fan of PBS even though we have Direct TV.
In Chicago, there are 2 PBS stations. I watch these 2 stations 99% of the times.

I love news programs from different countries around the world, commentaries and documentaries--both on NPR & PBS.
News programs on the mainstream stations are too narrow and focus only on the US and US interests shutting out the rest of the world.

And is anybody interested in foreign films?
I've been watching Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Swedish, Japanese films. lol. And Chinese. Even the Middle East.

I am enormored of Japanese films, most specifically Akira Kurosawa's films. :-D

o

* by pitimpinai on Thu, Feb 25, 10 at 9:05 [i]s anybody interested in foreign films?
I've been watching Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Swedish, Japanese films. ... And Chinese. Even the Middle East.

I started renting foreign films about six years ago, 940 of them last time I checked, mostly European films from the end of WWII through the '70s but some others too. There is some really interesting and very different stuff out there.

o

Yes, I do like NPR. I used to work for a public community radio station in Toronto, I was a music DJ and social justice on air advocate there for 10 years.

o

Bakemom,
I cannot live without NPR. If I'm not listening to it on the radio, I'm listening to shows from it online. I am an addict.
I also discovered I can get CBC Ottawa on my radio and I'm finding shows online from the CBC to be good as well.
This American Life is my favorite NPR show. Ira has a very soothing voice.

Linda

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 3, 10 at 19:53

I love wait wait don't tell me and car talk.

o

I recently heard a story that National Public Radio had officially changed it's name to NPR.

o

i'm an NPR junkie
Wait Wait, Prairie Home Companion, Says you, Radio Lab, Moth Radio, ATC, IRA, WireTap, Sound Opinions, Mike McGrath our gardening guy in our area, cooking shows recipes, tips --- you name it !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here