Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Verbena bonariensis

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 11:56

I just wanted to report that ALL of my V. bonariensis STILL have green leaves hugging low at the base of old dead stems!! Is that just the darndest thing?
It's a beautiful morning...a quarter to 9, sun is shining at 41 degrees and no rain for a change....perfect for a morning stroll. Also a perfect day for the first day of the Great American Bird Count!!! I'm ready are you?

Cheers,

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Verbena bonariensis

me too, Vera - All were wintersown two years ago and it's amazing that they consider them annuals in my zone!

Carrie

o

Yeah!!!!

I was looking at my Scabiosa atropurpurea which I thought were supposed to be annuals...At least that is the info I found before I grew the crop at school last spring, but they are green rosettes.

Looks like we MAY be moving back to Nebraska this May. Wasn't quite expecting too so soon! I've got a plan though...I'm not leaving any of the containers behind and have plans to dig up and take my fav's! So my wintersowing stops now :(
Thank goodness we will still be in zone 5 :D

Vera

o

• Posted by tagrif 7b/8a N.Tx (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 16:27

Vera, mine as well. I have some scabiosa just as green as can be. I've had the same madam butterfly snapdragons for 3 years now. I'm also getting leaves sprouting from nicotiana. As I was weeding this past weekend I kept wondering how this could be, especially as seems like we've had a colder than normal winter?

Tiffany

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here