Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Go Steelers!

Posted by kqcrna z6 Oh (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 12:19

OK , everyone root for the Steelers tonight. Although I've lived in rival Cinti Bengal territory for nearly 30 years, my roots are in Pittsburgh. Going to represent the 'burgh at a small gathering tonight with Steeler-loathing Bengal fans. They're just jealous!

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Go Steelers!

My son was born in Pittsburgh. I should know, I was there! I was born in Columbus, my middle boy in Albuquerque and my daughter in Oklahoma City.

So it's Steelers or nothing for us. Pgh lingo - yunz jaggin me. Get awt! What are those crazy sandwiches with the mystery meat, coleslaw and frenchfries on one bun? Can't remember. It was on Food Network recently.

We lived in the south hills from 1985-1987.

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 16:41

No, no, no, Karen. Not 'everyone root for the Steelers tonight'. Washington State at least is pretty much leaning the other way

I have blackberry pies and apple cream pie just about ready to take out of the oven. Friends are serving crab, shrimp, razor clams - I'm bringing dessert.

A real coastal Washington indoor tailgate :) :) :)
To tell you the truth, this isn't a household with a major interest in professional sports, diehard college fans here. But the last couple of weeks leading up to this game has been fun for all of us in the PNW. How about best team wins, and with no significant injuries on either side.

o

Pittsburgh born and bred...Go Steelers!

o

I'll drink to that. But my adult son lives in Seattle and has orders from me to represent us there!

o

Way to go Steelers! Our little gathering was fun and only slightly hostile to our side. The hostess even bought one of those giant decorated bakery cookies for us, saying "Steelers". Best part- the cookie was in a huge container- black base with enormous clear plastic dome. She saving it for me; it will hold a lot of cups for WS.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here