Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dancing with the Seeds...

Posted by singingcrk z6 KY (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 14:02

Is anyone else watching Dancing With the Stars? It's the only show I watch regularly right now. Who are you rooting for?

Did you see that tango this week? WOW!

Angel, swayin', steppin', and sowin'...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dancing with the Seeds...

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 16, 06 at 7:59

Great show!

I'm rooting for Drew and Cheryl - he is terrific! Lisa and Stacy are great too, and Jerry is getting so much better. That ballroom dancing is hard stuff!

Can't wait to see what they will do tonight.

PV

o

Thanks, PVick, I was beginning to feel guilty for watching television, when I shoould be SOWING! :o)

Yes, we're cheering for Drew and Cheryl, too. Although hubby keeps making me throw in a couple of votes for Stacey...imagine that. She's a natural, but Drew and Cheryl blew me away last week with that tango - I don't know how it can get better.

This season is so much better than the last, I just wish there was more dancing and less talking.

I wish people still danced. We took lessons (briefly) after we had our first baby - wow, it's great exercise! And wow, it's been a long time...

o

Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 21:30

The final show was weeks ago, but that "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" freestyle dance by Drew and Cheryl is still playing in my mind. What a hoot! And well done.

Next year's show should be interesting, I hope.

o

Hi, PVick!

That whole episode was hilarious, wigs and all! Yes, they were just incredible; they really deserved to win. (And I was glad they had replayed the "Thriller" paso doble, that's the episode I missed - awesome!)

Jerry was suddenly doing really well at the end, it was like he suddenly "got it", and could dance. Maybe he relaxed and decided to have fun. I don't know what happened with Stacey. That Saturday Night Fever thing - she didn't DO anything! I wonder if her partner threw the match...there was just nothing...

We taped almost every episode (Murphy's Law dictates that all efforts to do something on a regular basis must be thwarted; all phone calls, sick pets, screaming kids, house repairs, etc., must occur BETWEEN commercials...), so we (okay, *I*) could go back and analyze dances. I think the tango was still my favorite, that's the one running through my head :o)

When they finally handed Drew and Cheryl the trophy, I was actually let down - Oh, no! The show's OVER! Oh well, at least I have the tapes.

Here's hoping next year is even better! :o)

o

Thu, Mar 16, 06 at 21:06

Hi singingcrk!

Oh, if you missed the "Thriller" one earlier, it's good they did it again. I loved that one!

I think Jerry was very surprised that he beat Stacey to the finals and decided to just go for the fun - he KNEW he wouldn't beat Drew!

I believe they said that Stacey was suffering with a bad heel/foot/ankle. Too bad, but that disco number was awful - especially when you've come to expect much more from her.

But I think all of them were so much better as the show went on, even if they got kicked off ..... ok, there were a few that stayed awful. LOL!

I know what you mean about feeling let down ... but you'll be able to watch the tapes, at least. I'm such a doof, I never thought about taping the shows. But the way things are these days, it'll probably be out on DVD in a few months.

Here's to next year -

SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A COWBOY

Just tickles me!

PV

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here