Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What a beautiful day!!

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 14:14

It's 11am and 57 degrees and just taking a break from doing a little weed pulling and raking away winter mulch, ect. Spread new rabbit manure/straw mix onto the veggie area and location where the Bleeding Heart are planned to go. The viola are putting on their smiley faces, crocus is shooting up, Muscari looks good, Maximillian Sunflower and Catmint are starting new growth and chives are sending up new green shoots. I am doing anything to stay outdoors today!! The best part of the day so far was witnessing a few Ladybugs sun bathing on a stone :D

I spent a good portion yesterday outdoors clipping away old growth, seed heads and grasses. Will tackle the Salvia officinalis today.

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What a beautiful day!!

Vera,

It is hard to imagine we are in the same zone. The ground here is frozen quite deep due to weeks of temps not being above freezing, even by day, and some snow cover. It is snowing now as well.

By the end of the week though we are to see 50's, and maybe 60.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful day.

I slipped (and almost fell) twice going down to the mail box today, so I'm not going anywhere until it thaws here.

Sue

o

Ouch! Hope you didn't get hurt~
Glad to see you'll be warming up too...YEAH!!

If it ever stops raining long enough for the ground to dry up a bit, February is when I usually start digging up and moving things I never got to in the fall!
Geography really makes one zone completely different huh? When is your last frost date? Ours is usually May 12-15th.

Vera

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 18, 07 at 5:45

Oh, Vera, serious zone-envy going on! Everything here is frozen solid! Can't believe that a month ago we were in the 70's!

Enjoy your beautiful weather ....

PV

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here