Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tazdevyl1

I have elephants climbing the tree.

tazdevyl1
18 years ago

Ok, so they aren't REALLY elephants. And my father saw them first. There's a puppy in there too. I'm sure if I looked harder I would have found more.

{{gwi:332626}}

{{gwi:332627}}

{{gwi:332628}}

{{gwi:332629}}

This is the puppy.

I swear I'm perfectly sober! LOL

Kim

Comments (27)

• shimla
    18 years ago

LOL - I think cabin fever has set in! Wow - look at that huge snow drift. I hope you can dig yourself out of that mess. Blessings, we've only got a dusting. Ugh - I don't like the snow. You won't be checking for sprouts for quite a long time now!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    18 years ago

That's so funny you mentioned sober, I read your title and wondered what you'd drank for brunch...

Gorgeous snow. But much too late to even think of enjoying something like that here - keep it in your direction please! I'm weeding, pruning roses, spreading compost this weekend - in boots and a coat, but outside all the same :)

• tazdevyl1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

What I think your referring to as the "drift" is actually my dads truck.

However, when I went and helped to shovel my car out, some parts I was standing thigh deep. Im 5'9!

• Hollywog
    18 years ago

I see them!! I see them!! We NEVER get snow like that here. Do you mind if I print those pics so my daughter can take them to school and share the elephants with her first grade class? She is absolutely entranced by them. My husband is from New Jersey and spent most of his military career at Ft. Drum NY, so he's used to it. He thinks we need to take a ski vacation up there. Since I am scared of heights, I don't care for skiing. I always throw myself sideways and let myself slide down the slope on my back or my butt as an act of self-preservation because once I get going fast I'm sure I'm going to lose control and hit some trees or something!! Maybe I will just stay in the lodge, sip hot cocoa, and search the trees for elephants and puppies!!!!

• tazdevyl1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Holly, sure. Go ahead and print them. I dont mind at all. I'm with you on the skiing. I've never done it. And afraid to for many a reason. Aside from the tree crashes, I'm afraid I will break bones. I do not have the insurance or money to fix any broken parts of my body. Maybe we could race down the hill on our butts and see who gets down the hill the fastest? LOL

• ghoghunter
    18 years ago

I can see the elephants too!!! I'm having a harder time with the puppies!! We had about 18 inches and I am sore already from digging out the cars! It does look beautiful though!

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

They look like polar bears to me! :D

• vera_eastern_wa
    18 years ago

Terrific pics!! I absolutely love it :))

Vera

• albertar
    18 years ago

I love the pics, and I see the elephants there too. Its now 4pm, its been steady snowing for 24 hours. I'm going to look out the window in my back yard and see if I see any puppies or elephants out there also. Also going to open the bottle of Bailey's Irish Creme I got as a Christmas gift so maybe I'll see Pink Elephants. Happy gardening.
    Alberta

• singingcrk
    18 years ago

I see them, too! And I now I see the antennae sticking out of that snow "drift"... wow, that's a lot of snow!

• Hollywog
    18 years ago

Alright tazdevyll--when we come up that way for our ski vacation, I challenge you to a butt-race down the hill. Maybe we should invite albertar and his Baileys Irish Creme so that we can spike our hot cocoa after the race!!??

• tazdevyl1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

As for the "puppy" if you look right in the middle of the pic, right above the mound of snow, its the first one on the bottom.

Sure thing Holly. LOL That Baileys does sound good right about now. Of course spiking it b4 the race would make it even more fun. LOL

Kim

• plays_in_dirt_dirt
    18 years ago

I see the cute elephants and a sheep, too. But I can't find the puppy. Must be a white puppy.

Barbara in Virginia

• Nancy
    18 years ago

Ok, I saw the elephants right off, but didn't see the puppy. Been lookin' hard too, but about where you are seeing the puppy, I spotted a fat giant spider-ugh, hate spiders. I know gardeners are supposed to like'em, but I just can't :) Thanks for the smile.

• mudinmyshorts
    18 years ago

Did anyone else see the jugs or have I completely lost it?

• webkat5
    18 years ago

Pretty cool!!

How do you know there has been an elephant in the fridge??

• tazdevyl1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

There's footprints in the butter.

MIMS, at first I thought you had lost it, but I looked again, and can see them. LOL

Ng, where;s the spider? LOL

PIDD, Sheep??? LOL

• webkat5
    18 years ago

Actually the footprints are in the Jello, but close! ;o)

So how do you put a giraffe in the fridge??

• tazdevyl1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Im stumped on that one. Usually I know the answers to the silly jokes. LOL Of course, once I hear the answer, I'll be like, oh yeah DUH! LOL

• solsort1_dk
    18 years ago

You take the elephant out of the fridge, then you put the giraffe in :-D

Great pics, Kim... that a l o t of snow!

Mines melting, and we will be above frost from tomorrow... yahoo!

Hanne

• tazdevyl1
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ya know, thats the answer I was thinking of, but thought it was to another joke.

• webkat5
    18 years ago

Don't forget to open the door first...good job Hanne!

• plays_in_dirt_dirt
    18 years ago

Look like sheep to me. Third photo from top, right-hand side of photo. To the right of the baby elephant, I see three or four sheep going over the top of the branch. They're half way over the branch and you can see their black hooves. One is partially obscured by the first two on the left scrambling over the top of the branch. Most clearly visible one is in the middle top. I still can't find the puppy but see something a bit left of center I could convince myself is a puppy. Does the puppy look like Snoopy?

• shirley1md
    18 years ago

These aren't elephants, but maybe humongous toadstools!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:332625}}

• mudinmyshorts
    18 years ago

No, no, no ... those aren't toadstools.

That's what eventually happens to those tall stoic manequin like dudes that guard Buckingham Palace.

• shirley1md
    18 years ago

Sooo true, mudinmyshorts! They DO have their fluffy hats on!!!

• pitimpinai
    18 years ago

Very pretty photos. That's a LOT of snow. I love the banters too. Stay warm and safe.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living