Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble shooting Garden Web

Posted by knottyceltic S/W Ontario 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 15:45

No, I'm not having trouble "shooting Garden Web" though some days I feel like I might want to...

Can someone point me in the right direction to point out some troubles that I'm having with my PROFILE page? My profile page will not let me enter my postal code (it doesn't allow enough digits/keystrokes) so I am unable to change anything at all on my profile until this problem is fixed. It just simply won't allow me to make any changes at all.

If you can point me in the right direction so that I can report this problem, I'd be most appreciative.

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble shooting Garden Web

• Posted by shimla 5 Upstate, NY (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 16:18

It's hard to find! You've got to go all the way down to the bottom of a forum page. Underneath the last 'search' box there are 3 links - letters and comments, mailing lists and technical problems. Pick the tech problems to send them an email. They are sometimes slow to get back to you b/c they are very busy. Tamara is quite helpful though once she get's to your issue.

Good luck!

o

• Posted by donn_ 7a, GSB, LI, NY (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 16:21

Barb...how many characters in your postal code? Try entering it without any spaces, dashes or other punctuation. If that doesn't work, just enter a random 5-digit number or use my zipcode..11701...it won't know the difference.

o

Thanks, I found the link you mentioned shimla and sent in a description of the trouble.

Thanks Donn but I also tried using a US zipcode and it didn't work either. My postal code is 6 digits but even when I leave out the space it still won't allow me to put all digits in.

It's obviously not life and death that I get that fixed but it is annoying that I can't make any changes. I am currently listed as being something near 100 years old. Hmmm...maybe I should leave it, I look damn good for that age ;o)

Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here