Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone trading anymore? Postage on Bubble envelopes?

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 08 at 17:35

I now there are some POs out there who still think that all bubble envelopes are parcels, thus $1.13 minimum, regardless of the length, width, thickness, etc.

So how is your PO doing, or do you just avoid them when mailing BEs and just hope for the best?

I just received a small BE, weighing .5 OZ, flatter than a flitter, (you could not tell there was even anything in it,) and some postal worker somewhere along the line, chose to scribble on it in ink, Postage Due.

My local postmaster is interested in hearing of any ongoing problems and is willing to forward them on to Consumer Affairs, in the hope that someone somewhere can get something done. From the posts at the Seed X Conversations, it seems that they are being consistently inconsistent.

Is anyone just putting stamps on them and avoiding mailing them in person? If so, why?

Tia

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone trading anymore? Postage on Bubble envelopes?

My local Snyder Drug PO has been charging 80 cents per BE with 6-8 seed packs in them. The BE that I put in my mailbox with two 42 cent stamps came back for additional postage ($1.13 total).

o

I just put $1.13 on them and mail them from home because that is what my PO charges. I have received a few BE that had less postage on them and they were okay. I also have received a few BE with less on them and had to pay postage due.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 8, 08 at 21:04

I don't do very much trading, but I sometimes send small amounts of seeds out to forum friends. If it's a packet or two, I just put them in a regular business envelope with a little bubble wrap and stick a 41-cent stamp on it; if more than 2 packets, I put them in a small bubble envelope and put two stamps on and stick it in a mailbox. So far, I haven't had any problem.

I try not to go anywhere near a Post Office if I can help it.

o

i just sent one in a bubble envi, and she weighed it and measured it and it only needed a 41cent stamp. that's it. and that was today.

o

• Posted by shimla 5 Upstate, NY (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 27, 08 at 18:49

I just sent one weighing 6.80 oz and it was only 2.15. It was sent first-class parcel.

o

Uh oh...I just sent out some envelopes that are postcard size or a little smaller. I surely hope they don't get there with a postage due stamp. For anyone I sent seeds to, if they do...please let me know.
But I put a 63 cent stamp and a 41 cent stamp on them. I figured that would be more than enough.

L

o

I've just stopped trading. Period.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here