Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter sonderland

Posted by kqcrna z6 Oh (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 14, 07 at 18:32

We got about 4 " of snow the night before last, yesterday the temp rose to around 32, rained and it froze on contact. Temp dropped to the teens last night, and left us with a winter wonderland.

Maple tree at night
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Maple tree, daytime

Our phone lines. Been laying there 24 hours. Phone company doesn't answer their phone.

Back of house

Another. We're lucky- many people lost trees or major branches. The really unfortunate ones lost power. Last night it was 120,000 customers, now it's down to about 50,000. The temp is in the teens and low tonight will be 4. I want spring.

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter sonderland oops!

I meant winter Wonderland

Karen

o
RE: Winter sonderland

Wow--the ice on the tree is gorgeous. But how awful for people to be without power in those temps!

I had to shovel 8" of snow--or deeper--to clean up the Indiana part of the storm. It snowed so much, the city actually plowed my street! :)

o

Hey, I thought I replied to this yesterday! I don't see my response.
Anyway, I hope you are all doing well there, Karen. Ice can be so destructive. But it's so pretty though, especially when the sun shines. It's an unreal sight (That tree is fabulous)!
Thanks for sharing pictures and stay warm and safe :-)
Linda

o

Linda: What we have is nothing compared to your 11 ft of snow! How are things for you now? Did you get much of this storm? I just know it was moving toward New England today.

The sun is a little more plentiful today so the trees look even more spectacular. Pictures really don't do them justice. It's not melting at all. Currently 18 degrees (High for today) and lows are around 0. The phone company finally came today and repaired our lines that have been on the ground for 2 days. Electricity is being restored, about 20,000 homes left without power now. My friend at work had 44 degrees in her house yesterday, can't imagine how cold it would be by now.

I hope you New Yorkers didn't get much of this storm. Hang in there- spring CAN'T be too far off now, despite how it feels out there.

BTW, I love your rabid raccoon pics- I think she looks like a snowy teddy bear.

Karen

o

Beautiful pics, Karen!

I love taking pics after an ice storm....I have always referred to it as "eerily beautiful".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here