Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow Snow and more Snow!!

Posted by kmpsmom 7/DC Suburbs (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 5, 10 at 19:17

OK I've always been one who loves the change of seasons, and who enjoyed each season in its time. But this winter, we've had about 20 inches so far and as much as 30 inches around the DC area between tonight and tomorrow afternoon. That will meet or exceed the 1922 Knickerbocker storm which dropped 28" on the city.

I think I'm ready for spring and green things instead of white stuff...anyone else ready for the growing season?

I bought milk, bread but not toilet paper (the triad of stuff that Washington market goers get when there's a threat of multiple inches of snow) LOL

I grew up around here and even went to college in DC where I told my friends that it never snowed in DC. We proceeded to have one of the snowiest winters ever that winter. Now I consider DC to be a city that's Northern enough to get snow and Southern enough to have no idea what to do with it. Not only that but we have the country's and the world worst drivers that end up trying to drive in bad weather here...'nuf said LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow Snow and more Snow!!

OK, I got up this morning and can't see my car, my poor dogs are going to have to building tunnels outside to find a place to "do their business". It's about 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing!!! I am only hoping that we keep our electricity. Anyone else feeling like enough's enough?

o

We didn't get a lot of snow here (5-6 inches) but the power was out for 11 hours yesterday. Much better than last year's 8 day outage followed by the 5 day outage, but still disruptive enough to be very annoying.

At least I'm getting really good at baking homemade pizza in a cast iron skillet over a kerosene space heater. :)

Hope your power stays on!

Lynda

o

When I lived in a area where we occasionally got great snowstorms like around DC this week but most of the time only got a little snow occasionally like DC most of the time we always had better looking bulbs and early flowering plants whenever we got the great snowstorms.

This weather could be good for a some of you.

o

I don't mind snow just not bitter cold where your nose hairs freeze and the snow sqeaks. I also don't want, what DC is getting. Here today in Mi. we are getting snow I went out and shoveled by hand 2-3 inch for the next fall tonight and tomorrow, so Our son and hubby can get in the drive, hubby drives a MTA bus for the city of Flint all day so he don't want to see more when he gets home. Iam tired of winter but guess what we are one day closer to Spring Hallaluya. I did go out and broom off my winter sow spot that made me smile. through the brr snow.

o

I can't believe it,snow, dumped last night twice as much as yesterday and out I go again,with the shovel, O me, I have my electric heater on my feet and Mirowave heat thing on my neck and soft Ice pak on my back but here I am, back on the Gw.after 2 hours of shoveling, I forgot this time to go out and sweep off my Wintersown area again, well later today maybe, Got to love Mi. winters, ha, Ya, right.

o

I think we may have dodged a bullet today - it was supposed to snow again tonight but it looks like it may have gone north of us. I just want my children back at school and to be back at work...who knew that a forced week off due to the snow was a bad thing LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here