Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: Did that petty annoyance just start today? (Rollovers)

Posted by mmqchdygg Z5NH (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 8:28

Double-underlined words with annoying popups when you roll your mouse over them. Just saw one in the Picotee MG thread. When did GW start THAT nonsense, and do any of you tekkies know how to get rid of it?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: Did that petty annoyance just start today? (Rollovers)

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 10:50

I noticed it last night. Irritating. Don't know how to get rid of them, though. If my memory serves me, they tried this once before and it didn't last very long.

PV

o

I'm not having that problem, so I asked my DH what we have installed on our computer that prevents pop-ups etc, and his answer was Firefox 3 browser.

Mary

o

Oh too funny, Mary! One showed up in your post under the word computer!!!

o

That is really funny, Nancy, and I'm glad I can't see what you all see. DH has our machine locked down so tight that I don't get pop-ups or spam. Mozilla is a wonderful browser, I'm happy he installed it.

o

I seen some last last night too. I was reading something and on something I typed it was there.
Bonnie

o

Didn't see them either. Firefox is great. AdBlock is even better.

o

Oh I hate those, they seem to be everywhere too. I do have firefox but I still get the rollovers.

o

Floodthelast, Adblock Plus is a free add on to Firefox. No rollovers, no popups, just straight surfing.
Kris

o

I'm not seeing anything either, but then again I see no popups either nor any problems with spyware either.

I'm running safari tiger on a mac

Fran

o

I have FireFox too. Don't get a lot of popups.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here