13 years ago

Test

Here is a link that might be useful: Test

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    13 years ago

Nice plants Karen!!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

The photos work, and I snooped a little. Am I seeing a Port Townsend street and one of the lavender farms between Sequim and there?

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Tiff. We had a computer virus, my husband thinks he got rid of it, but I haven't been using computer. I downloaded the photo bucket app for my iPad but can't figure out how to imbed images in a post with it. Any tips appreciated.

Yes, Morz, those pics are from Pt Townsend, and a lavender farm near Sequim. The blue hydrangeas were near Quinault rain forest. . Those were taken a few years ago. My son lived in Pt T for a couple of years and we visited. Do you live near there? Beautiful, beautiful place.

Karen

13 years ago

No, I'm right on the middle coast on Grays Harbor, approx half way between Seattle and Portland but on the ocean. But my sis lived in rural Port Townsend the years her children were born and before they built a home in Port Angeles - it's a day trip and one I've made often. It is beautiful there - I can be at Quinault Lodge in 45 minutes from my house :)

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Beautiful place. We spent a night ( or 2?) in a cabin on Lake Quinault.

What are those huge trees called?
    {{gwi:332900}}

Karen

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey, it worked!

Karen

13 years ago

Karen, without a top, that looks like one of the older Sitka Spruce at the lake, bark isn't right for big cedars.

It looks like you had a beautiful (rainless in the rain forest) day. And whether your son, SO or DH, a cutie in your picture too ;)

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That would be my husband.

I'd like to visit Wa again, it's a great place.

Karen

13 years ago

I'd like to see something of your direction sometime too, I've been up and down this coast from Alaska to Mexico - but we've never traveled farther E than Montana. My family was originally from the mid west, my slightly older sis born in Kansas but I haven't been there.

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And that trip was my only ever to the western half of the country. We're drawn to beaches, and have spent many of our vacations at beaches along the gulf coast (Fla thru Al.) and on the east coast, one week on a lake in Mi, a few trips to D.C., one to Niagara Falls. I'd love to see Canada, too. We've gone to the Cayman Island many times in winter, and always to the Smoky Mountains in fall. I just love it there. I think I've spent at least of quarter of my vacation time in my lifetime doing things for my Mom, mostly caring for her after surgery ;-(

When we retire we'll have time to travel, but probably not the money!

Karen

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler