Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lavender 'Grosso' and transplanting

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 13:35

Hope I didn't kill it!
The weekend before last I dug up and switched around the Catmint and Lavender 'Grosso'. Right afterwards, I found some gardenweb threads advising not to attempt to move an established Lavender because this would surely kill it! The 'Grosso' was just now coming into it's 3rd year so that probably constitutes an established plant. I got as much as the original taproot as I could but I know I didn't get it all. Anyways the very next day I went out and took 4 cuttings just in case.
What has been your experience moving one that is established?

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lavender 'Grosso' and transplanting

I don't know about 'Grosso', but I have a few lavenders, including 'Munstead' that I've moved a few times and are all ok. I moved them later in the season, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

o
RE: Lavender 'Grosso' and transplanting

Well I guess I shall see! I moved a few Munstead around too last spring but just going into their 2nd year. They all survived and even bloomed.
The cutting are rooting so if it survives I'll have 5 plants if not 4 will do LOL!

Vera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here