Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iVillage agrees to be Purchased by NBC

Posted by ghoghunter Zone6 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 7, 06 at 17:45

Did you see in the Business news that iVillage is about to be purchased by NBC? I wonder what changes that will bring to use here at Gardenweb if any. I read about it in the business section of the New York Times. I don't know if the link will work but I'll try to include it.

Here is a link that might be useful: iVillage purchase by NBC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iVillage agrees to be Purchased by NBC

Very interesting . Lets hope that we don't get flooded with a rash of ads.
Ron

o

Flooded??? You mean it can get worse?? Lately anytime I open a post, I get a video pop up. Whether it be the exploding pants (the least annoying of all), The crystal light, the honda one, and the South Beach Diet. Now it plays without even being seen, so I cant even click the X to make it stop. No I dont want any cheese with my whine. =)

Kim

o

Ditto what taz said. :-(

o

I use Firefox and only see the occasional floating triangle.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Firefox has a pop-up blocker that will make your entire internet experience go much smoother.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here