Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's new at the Round Robin Exchange.....

Posted by jaynine 5 CT (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 20:33

Come on over to the Round Robin Exchange and join the fun:
NEW Color of the Month Swap for March is PINK & the 2nd Annual April Showers will bring May Flowers Swap~taking sign-ups now!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's new at the Round Robin Exchange.....

I never really understood how a Round Robin works. Care to explain that, jaynine?

o
RE: What's new at the Round Robin Exchange.....

Sorry, I didn't see this post until just now.
Round Robins can be run in any manner of ways: most of the ones I've been involved in entail sending 'x' amount of packets to the host/hostess, including return postage & a return address label. When all participants' packages are received, the host/hostess then sorts them out (most try to accomodate the participants' wishes in what they'd like to get back) and mails them back to you. Almost every time you end up with more packets than you send in. Other RR hosts assign partners among the participants and they mail packages only to each other. Still others might include a box/package filled with seeds by the host & mailed to participant A, who will remove items they'd like to try, replenish with seeds from their stock & mail to participant B and so on, with the package ending up back with the host. Hosts usually post 'the rules' when they begin a thread or email all details to you when you sign up. If you ever have questions concerning particular Round Robins, any host would be happy to answer them.
Oh yes, some of them are only open to 'members' of their particular group.
Hope I've helped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here