Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a goose and gander kind of thing

Posted by plays_in_dirt_dirt Z7A VA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 21:18

I just have to share this with people who will understand.

Yesterday, DH -- dead serious and with furrowed brow -- looked at me and said, regarding my WS container ghetto, "You already have more than you had last year. It's only March, and we can't walk on the patio. Will you have time to plant EVERYTHING???!!!?" Without saying that I had only begun WSing annuals, I said, "Yes, I think so."

This brief conversation occurred after he came in from a break after planting 600 onion sets. We are the only two in the household.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a goose and gander kind of thing

Oh, ya don't want to get into a one-up thing....

Today I just spent $37.?? on day lily roots, elephant ears, and MORE seeds...while saying under my breath "Well. HE has a tractor!"

The clerk thought I had lost my mind. She may be right.

I would have probably said something snide like, "Well, sure! If you help me!"

o
RE: a goose and gander kind of thing

I can definitely relate to both.
In the meantime, try doing a gardenweb search for onion relish. You'll get several great recipes, as well as a method for carmelizing onions in the slowcooker. I freeze very small quantities of carmelized onions in baggies because they enhance so many things. In addition to putting them on burgers, I add a tablespoon or so to microwaved veggies (zuchini,grean beans, etc.) Delicious!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here