Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lblack61

Project Runway?

lblack61
18 years ago

Does anyone else watch this show? I became addicted when I caught the "marathon" before the first season's finale. I watched all of this one.

Now I have to figure out what to do on Wed. nights...lol. It's rare that I ever watch something regularly, if at all, on TV, but I love that show!

Comments (4)

• bakemom_gw
    18 years ago

I actually drafted this exact thread, but didn't post. I don't really watch a ton of tv, but I was assigned to watch this for my office. We each were assigned one to follow and lead discussions (we are good friends).

I was so addicted. I watch all the re-runs. I was really disappointed when Chloe won, but then watched it again the next day and realized the decision was a good one. I am a Daniel V. fan.

Here's the deal though: my 14 year old daughter and I said if we were young thin and rich, we would commission Chloe for a dress then Daniel second. So I guess we were on the mark.

What ARE we going to do on Wednesdays? (I'm home sick today) I read and garden, but the weather really needs to cooperate.

If we have a convention, we need to do a gardener WALK-OFF.

• lblack61
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah, you know, the finale felt kind of like a let down, but I couldn't tell if it was because Chloe won or because that meant I had to wait for the next season...
    I liked Chloe and Diana a lot from the beginning. I wondered about Chloe's collection-- there were some VERY 80's things in there with the poof and the glam. I expected more of her than that.
    I thought Nick would have made it farther. I liked him too. And the lawyer chick...I was rooting for her. I felt bad that the whole thing about the scarf cut her off.
    But I'm a Dan V. fan too. I kept thinking "aww...too bad he's gay"(like I'm available and young enough for him! lol). But he was so adorable. And full of humility. I really thought he would have won (and I LOVED the dangly tassle thing on that gown!)
    I found a blog on PR when I was trying to get over my lament that the season was over. This blog was hilarious.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manolo's Project Runway Blog

• bakemom_gw
    18 years ago

Kelly and I are huge Nick fans. Those Barbies are on Ebay for about 150 average. We also love Santino's parody of Tim's going "Where's Andre?" We do that all the time.

I was not a big Diana fan until she got a little liquored up at a party and became Dirty Diana. I do think she was the logical choice for the final runway look.

I know what you mean about the 80s thing in Chloe's collection. That first poofy thing with the gold shift was so Valley Girl. I was horrified. I wasn't wowed by the gold baby doll, but that's probably just me. I loved the red gown in Santino's collection - also the party dress.

Did you know Kara showed at fashion week? I guess video is available on line and from the previews, it was her style with color and texture. I was not a big Kara fan until I saw the dress she was wearing in contrast to her final evening gown. Then I got it.

• lblack61
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I saw that Kara showed for Fashion Week. I was surprised. And I did think she had the best collection out of them all. She probably did better because some of the pressure was off. Did they do that last season with the 4th finalist?
    I liked Diana the moment she said she read more science magazines than fashion. Too bad she couldn't pull it off any of her designs.
    I liked Santino, and I was really annoyed when they said that he wasn't flamboyant enough in his final collection-- after they spent the whole show beating him down. His take on Tim...OMG...that was hilarious. He does him well. Did you read any of that crazy Manolo site?
    You know, I expected Zulema to make it to the Final Four, but she really fizzled out quick. The "Walk Off" was really EVIL of her! I thought they lost one of the best models as a result of that. Evil Zulema. She doesn't NEED an alter-ego. She is her own evil twin...lol. (her bio says she is, or was a model...as a Jamaican-American, may I say, she needed to do something with her hair??? Braid it up, pull it back...anything!!-- hope I'm not being too rude. :-)