Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden center clearance at WalMart

Posted by irisheyes66 6a, KS (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 22:08

I hope it's ok to post this here...

Just happened to be wandering through my local WallyWorld, and a quick trip to the garden center was well worth my time (even though it made me late for work, hehe!) There was a large 4-way rack filled with clearance items we probably all use...rolls of green wire, twine, plant markers (25 pack with pencil), mesh trellises, etc...for .25 each! Good-sized (high gloss, pastel color) ceramic planters for .50, and the matching bottom trays for .25!

I filled my cart, so now I can do a gardening project for my guys (I work in a private home with three elderly mentally challenged gentlemen)...they don't have the $$$ to plant a garden, but they do enjoy helping out in the yard. I have lots of seeds/bulbs hanging around to work with, so today's deals were exactly what I needed to get this off the ground (or in it, ha!)

I'm just tickled, and thought I'd share *smile*

Hope others can find the same markdowns!

Susan in Kansas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden center clearance at WalMart

Wow! What a haul! I visit the garden clearance area but all I saw this year were ugly planters, chemical fertilizers and bird feeders that looked impossible to clean. :(

I did see those plastic labels but they weren't .25! I got one but I use sticky labels over top. I don't trust that little pencil.

o

:-)
Maybe I should go check....not that I need any more seeds. :-)
Thanks for the info.

Did you notice any MG potting soil there, irisheyes?

o

• Posted by alley 7b Ft. Worth, Tx (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 9:11

My wally world doesn't believe in garden clearance. I tried to get some sad looking plants for a good deal and they said they just send them back to the supplier (what a waste of plant and gas). I keep looking though. Wish I could find something like you.

o

Alley, I doubt they actually send them back. At Lowes, we hold them for the representative. Once they come in and check them off as returned, they get tossed in the trash. Or...so the story goes.

o

piti, my WM regularly marks down their ripped/open bags of potting soil (or compost, manure, peat moss, etc.) to 50% off--if they aren't sold in a week or two, they get marked a buck each. If I hit it right, I take them home *grin*

The day I was there, they also had a ton of fountain/pond supplies...plus Off mosquito lanterns/candles for .50 each.

I'm going to check out the WM about an hour away from me tomorrow...hope I find more good deals!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here