Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonphase

Eckhart Tolle and Oprah

moonphase
16 years ago

Is there anyone here reading Eckharts book A New Earth and joining in every Monday night with him and Oprah for lessons on this book? I must say I have many a-hah moments.I was awakened to alot of this back in the 80s while in nursing school.In psychology class, I read the power of the subconscious mind by Moody.I was wowed way back then.What I am learning now is a confirmation and some real eye opening.I hope someone else is enjoying this as much as I am and hope you are awakening to a New Earth-wow.

moonphase

Comments (6)

• just1morehosta
    16 years ago

Hi moonphase, I am reading it,
    I really wanted to join in on Monday evening,but i get booted out,to mant logging on i guess.
    I love the book.
    I wish i had more time to sit and read it, but i do every chance i get.

Carol

• moonphase
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got booted the first 2 weeks,The first they did not have it set up to allow the over a million that was trying to get in.The second week,I was late and the class was full.It starts at 9pm here on Monday night.I am on and in my seat by 830.No problems at all last 2 weeks.You can go to oprah.com and see or just listen if you want to the past 4 shows.Even though I see him on Monday.I wait a couple of days and go back and listen to him again.Are you enjoying the book?
    moonphase

• just1morehosta
    16 years ago

Hi Moonphase,

Yes, i am enjoying the bok very much,how about you?
    It sure gives you an insight on your self and how others think,and why,wouldn't you say?
    I find myself becoming more quiet,and centered before i open my mouth,lol

Carol

• moonphase
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL Carol,I too keep asking before I speak,is this ego? yep,most of the time it is.Still haven't quite got the old ego to hush...But yes,I too absolutely feel the calm.When I am out working in the garden,I really look at my plants in a whole different way.Hope you are able to get in next Monday-but go in 30 minutes early.
    moonphase

• just1morehosta
    16 years ago

moonpahse
    Who would have ever put a name on it such as EGO?
    Perhaps you did as you have had some exreriance along this line, but not me.
    I have always had a problem with my sisters,i was hoping this would reveal something magical for me,but no,i am sill having the same old,same old,i guess sometimes it really isn't US.
    I am sitting back though and just observing,and, understanding more,of why we do what we do,and why.Sure does make life easier doen't it.
    See you in class.

Carol

• moonphase
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carol,I am not sure if anything magical will happen but understanding ourselves more will give us the opportunity to change in some of the areas that need changing.This is one book I can not just sit and read for long periods but reading a chapter and then listening to eckhart explain it has helped me understand it more.I go back and listen to the lesson several times and each time,I seem to see something different and finally get 'it".I am excited about this weeks lesson.See you in class.Is your sisters reading the book also?I have 4 sisters-soo I am sure I can relate with this.
    moonphase

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor