Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Expanding Ads

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 0:08

Is anyone else getting really, really, really sick and tired of these things on the site? They are beginning to drive me mad !

Short of switching to Firefox or some browser other than IE, is there any way to get rid of them? Or at least make them keep still?

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Expanding Ads

The people over at Gardenweb's Computer Help Forum might be able to help. I don't see any ads, none, but I don't know what I do or have done to prevent them.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 20:59

Thanks, albert - I checked, but no solutions. Funny thing - today the ads are just sitting still at the top of the pages. Either the iVillage folks got complaints, or the gods are with me.

PV

o

They are driving me up the wall too!! Still there, but sometimes they don't 'expand'.

FYI, I had some seeds of your Petunias leftover from a couple of years back and decided to sow them this winter. I have lots of sprouts and they are looking just fine!! :O)

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 24, 10 at 11:27

They're back! The expanders, that is ....

Tiffy, I sent you petunia seeds? What kind were they? At any rate, glad they sprouted for you! I've got a chia pet of petunias right now, really need to HOS them out.

PV

o

Yeah, they are really annoying..especially when I peek in at work. lol.

o

I don't see any ads at all, either. I use Firefox with adblock plus, and we have some embedded adblocks and firewall.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here