Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, I'm alone

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 10:16

I realized this morning that I am alone in my house - two cats are the exceptions.

Daughter is at a sleepover with the clarinets (marching band) at home son (23) stayed with a buddy in the Short North, and middle son (19) is at his campus house at Ohio State.

Freedom. I'm going to Fresh Market to get some hot italian sausage and some vino and make a meat sauce for thin spaghetti, bread, and a crisp salad for when the cretins return.

In the meantime, I will treat all the grass shoots that have shot up in my beds.

Great DAY!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, I'm alone

bakemom, enjoy it! I have teenagers, too, and blessedly, one's at work, the other is at a youth group service to the elderly day, and hubby is out doing research for an interview that he has coming up on Tuesday.

PAR-TAY!! It's cold & yucky out today, so I think I'll make some mudpies in the garage and plant some blueberries (that I picked up at Walmart yesterday) in containers, and then check back in with the buddies on the GW!

o

I'm alone too. Hubby is at his part-time job, driving a "Party Bus" for a limousine company. He has a group of 16 year olds. Poor guy! :) He was hoping it would be another bachelorette party!

Our son (14) is with a few friends celebrating his buddy's birthday.

Why is it that I can't wait for them to leave, but as soon as they are gone, it seems too darn quiet?

o

Bakemom,
Soak up that free time!
Lucky cretins... sounds like a yummy dinner you have planned. : )

o

I hear you all. I gotta have "space." Dogs don't count. ;-)

Prof

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 18:14

Everyone is home. Food is flying. I made the boys eat fruit to astonish their colons. The diswasher is churning as well as the washer downstairs. 19 year old goes back to campus this evening. Other two will go to bed - timely.

o

ROFL, bakemom..."I made the boys eat fruit to astonish their colons." is priceless!!

You remind me of the Energizer Bunny...LOL.

o

I'm alone, but not for long. Hubby is at work until dawn, but the boys will be back soon. We have acquired a second boy, a 13 year old for a while. He's my son's best friend and I sure hope it stays that way!! His mom is having complications during her 8th month of pregnancy. He might be with us for a while.

It's nice having him around, he brings out my son's good side. Positive peer pressure, I LOVE it!

My son got a little smart with me yesterday. Cory said "You better watch that mouth! You know I have my mom on speed dial!" Nathan says "NOOOOOOOO!"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here