Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lblack61

Where are You with Your Garden Clean-up and Plans?

lblack61
18 years ago

How's everyone else doing with their garden clean-up and plans?

I'm happy to say, my beds are-- in general...minus adding compost and giving the soil a good working-- ready for the sprouts!

Finally, I got outside and did the clipping of dead stalks, the definitive raking, and some hoeing. I moved my Butterfly Flower from the way-too-shady spot it was in last year (which I think made it develop the nasty rust last year) to an all day sun spot.

I pulled up little compact plants of catnip that reseeded...anyone needs any, I've got tons. A couple of times I set the clumps in front of my kitties (who were outside lounging around me in a semi-circle as I worked) to spoil them more than they already are.

I found Chamomile in tiny clumps that had reseeded from last year and some Lupine seedlings. I put them in some spots where if they grow it would be acceptable. This came along with evening out some of the boundary-lines of the beds and planning exactly what I want to go where.

The big job is going to be putting a new bed in where the pool is. That is going to have to wait for a load of dirt and manure so when I put the cardboard down, it doesn't blow away-- and when I start that Lasagna bed, I have to call my FIL. He wants to see how I do the L-bed.

But I feel like I got a big chunk of my Spring work done yesterday. Everything else (other than the ex-pool area) will be an "as-you-go- process. Whew!

Pictures of Monday:

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus