Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Talk about inspiration

Posted by not_a_contessa z6PA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 5, 06 at 12:53

This past weekend we took a trip to West Columbia SC, and the timing was absolutely perfect. The place was literally DRIPPING with wisteria in bloom, dogwood trees were in full bloom, azaleas abounded, and fences were abloom with yellow Carolina jasmine. Camillia bushes in full bloom added their splendor to the mix.

For most of the trip the sides of the highway were a mix of redbud trees in bloom and great swaths of yellow forsythia.

It felt so good to be alive!

When I got home, I had more babies in my containers. I'll be busy planting soon, but for now, our latest dusting of snow is just melting.

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Talk about inspiration

That Is inspiring. Those lucky southerners....

o
RE: Talk about inspiration

Hi Contessa and Bakemom:

Don't you just hate "zone envy?" Oh to be able to grow what those southerners grow!

Soaprah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here