Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendy2shoes

Thought you might like to see this garden..

wendy2shoes
15 years ago

I posted it in "Garden Junk" as well...wonder what the neighbors think! The "stuffies" get changed out every 3 months or so, but can you imagine what a soggy mess they must be after April's rains?

{{gwi:137899}}

Comments (15)

• nancy_drew
    15 years ago

That is not a garden! I don't see anything GROWING there! THAT is a front yard with "stuff" in it.

• wendy2shoes
    Original Author
    15 years ago

P.S. It's not my garden! (whew)

• token28001
    15 years ago

It's unusual. It's also repulsive. However, maybe they know something about design that was left out of my education.

• jaynine
    15 years ago

Wow, it looks as if someone spent quite a lot of time creating that. It's kind of sad.

• PVick
    15 years ago

whaddaya mean, you don't see anything growing there? isn't that grass and aren't those trees? probably provide a great backdrop for all that other crap when they start filling in. (the st. bernard (?) puppy on the left is cute, though ....)

different strokes for different folks .... sure wouldn't like to be their neighbors.

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

A bit much for my tastes but if it makes them happy then let them be. At the end of the day I sit out and look over my flowering gardens and think, "I love my gardens." yet know that others might not agree. I would never want to deny that kind of joy to someone else. There are much worse things to see and hear in some neighborhoods.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    14 years ago

Well, certainly not my cup of tea, but then again my hundreds of pop bottles sitting out in my yard might not be to their liking either.

Better than a rusty car surrounded by tires and an old fridge...

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

You sure that's not a yard sale they had... several weeks ago?!

• mayberrygardener
    14 years ago

Nothing growing... Except the neighbor's discontent. I'd have to agree, though; there are likely neighbors of mine that wonder just what the heck my wide assortment of plastic trash I keep peeking into might be!

I live in an area where xeriscaping is popular, and there is a house on the corner that is our "landmark" when giving people directions: "Go until you see the yard that isn't a yard, yes the one with the headboard and neon-painted adirondack chairs in the middle of a bunch of weedy-looking things, turn right..."

I frequently have to remind myself that it takes all kinds to make the world go round. For the record, if this yard were in my town, the yard-police would be out and the offending "trash" would have to be removed. There was a big stink in the paper last year about people with three or more offenses to the town's code (weeds, peeling paint, falling fence, trash, dead trees, etc.), would be fined. I guess someone got sick of the neighbors dandelions seeding their yard! I guess there IS an advantage to stuffed animals!?!

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Do they run a daycare?
    I would not want to see inside the house. lol
    As said before it is a good thing we are all different.
    I know my neighbors stare at my pot ghetto. they think I'm a loon. I'm happy an not hurting anyone with my rows of jugs.
    But also glad they are not my neighbors.
    Bonnie

• nancy_drew
    14 years ago

I know our HOA would have a fit. Someone complained about one of my neighbors having too many flags. His daughter and her husband are military.

• brandymulvaine
    14 years ago

It looks like a salvation army store threw up.
    On the plus side it could be worse-broken glass, needles and spent bullets.
    -B

• nancy_drew
    14 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if some poor old woman lives there, and one day she mentioned she likes "Garden Figurines". Knowing how hard she is to buy gifts for, the news spread like wildfire! Now, every single family member or friend, buys her "Lawn Art" for every birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentines Day, and Grandparents Day. Bless her heart, she just doesn't have it in her to tell them to stop or to allow them to come by for a visit without their gift being proudly displayed.

• dorisl
    14 years ago

I have a secret anxiety that my neighbors think my yard looks like that.

shuddddddddddder

• floodthelast
    14 years ago

It is certainly interesting. I wonder if the inhabitants buy new animals on a consistant basis. I saw a yard on my block full of plastic yard animals and told me husband, "there is not enough habitat for those animals."

There are a few yards near by with faded plastic flowers too. Reminds me of graveyards.

We have a pretty strict mowing rule in my neighborhood my neighbors on one side let a white lawn chair get completely covered with grass and that was in the front yard. We also get yelled at for parking in the front yard.

An old car in the yard with a few tires just makes me nostalgic, lol.

Sponsored