Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_drew_gw

Cat Threw Up In The Washing Machine!

nancy_drew
15 years ago

I found this thread on Twitter sent by GW. For those of you with indoor cats, you can relate to this, I'm sure of that! For those you without cats, it might remind you not to get one! The darling little creatures!!

I laughed my behind off!! I have two of the furball up-chuckin' critters!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Disasters

Comments (13)

• stlgirl
    15 years ago

Thanks Nancy for posting this! I can totally relate. I can't tell you how many times I've scooped up a hacking cat and rushed them to a tile floor so cleanup will at least be tolerable.

-StLGirl

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh gosh! I know about that! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to stretch out my legs while in my bed, only to have my feet his a cold, wet, spot! For some reason, she really likes the corner of my bed.... YUCK!!

I wonder... perhaps she knows that's the place where her fullball can cause the most amount of LAUNDRY???

"Oh look! There goes mommy up and down the stairs again with that basket! Sunny... go lay on the third stair and see if you trip her!!"

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    15 years ago

OH yes, I know what you mean! We have 2 cats and we don't let them into the bedroom because we want to have one relatively fur-free room. But our long haired cat is yakking up furballs this week (never on the floor where it would be easy to clean up), so we are probably going to get him shaved (lion cut) for the summer. He looks really funny when he gets a haircut, but does not seem to miss all that fur.

Lois in PA

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Lois! No!! Have you tried Petromalt? That always worked for our long hair, "Abby Normal". She didn't mind taking it off our fingers either. (It comes in a tube.) We did have to give it to her for a couple days in a row at first, then every other day, or every three days, but it did work. Come to think of it... I better go get some before one of the little darlings notices my fresh bed linens!

Here is a link that might be useful: Petromalt

• dorisl
    15 years ago

this is why our kitties come from TY and have little red heartshaped earring tags on

:)

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    15 years ago

thanks nancy_drew, I will ask the vets about that Petromalt. They are both due for a checkup anyway. So they will have a shave and a checkup (2 bits! haha, sorry).

dorisl, DH felt the same way about cats.. Until he got his own. He was a dog person to the max, but a dog would not be practical for us with our lifestyle right now. I kept at him for about 6 years to get a cat... Every time he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said "A kitten!" Then he would ask me what ELSE I wanted... And I would say... "A kitten!". Finally he told me a co-worker's cat was having kittens. So of course I pushed my luck and said "Now I want TWO kittens! His and Hers kittens!" So we ended up each picking out a kitten. Needless to say, the one I picked out became DH's cat, and the one he picked out became my cat.

And my formerly dog-preferring, cat-disliking DH is completely besotted with his cat now. He talks to that cat constantly, shops for treats and toys, insists on being the one to feed the cats... I guess what I am saying is: Never say never to a cat. :-)

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Lois! I can relate to that! A close friend of mine just rescued a beautiful, long hair, calico from her brother's barn. She was furious (not really) when she found out her brother gave her a "defective" cat. She now has 5 adorable little kittens, born last Monday! There is no way... but omg how cute they are! They don't even have their eys open yet, they fit in that palm of my hand... there's no way I can come home with one... no way!

:(

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Oh, geez, Nancy, stop it! Stop it I tell ya! I have tears of laughter running down my face after reading that. Trying not to laugh too loud so as not to wake anybody sleeping in.

We've had cats all our lives in my family and I can certainly relate. I'll have to get my sleeping brood to read this when they wake up.

Thank you so much for the morning laughter!!

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Check this out... kinda reminds me of "Guess Who's Coming For Dinner"!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Kitty Door

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    15 years ago

Back about '68 I bought a tiny little concrete block house in Southeast Phoenix near the orange groves between Phoenix and Tempe back then. There was a concrete porch floor out back with a water heater, washer and dryer. Phoenix in those days who cared if one's appliances were outside. And the water from the washer had phosphorus in the detergent back then and made good fertilizer for the attempt at gardening.

A long story to get to this. I start some laundry. Hear a noise in the washer. I open it and a very wet, very unhappy, very scared cat jumps out.

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    14 years ago

Thought you might like to see Odin's new haircut. Despite the way he looks in this picture, I think he likes not having all that fur in these 90 degree days.

{{gwi:333889}}

• nancy_drew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I want to know who the heck is brave enough to shave that kitty! I know if I went near my "Abby Normal" with trimmers I wouldn't have an arm left! Heck, it's a battle for us just to trim toe nails!

About a month or two ago, DH and I wanted to get all the critters toe nails done at once. Spot had a wimpering fit and was done with. Sunny, our all black little one, squirmed out of Michaels arms... she got a reprieve. I went and got Annie. All of a sudden, Sunny sneaks under the coffee table and starts meowing at Michael, who is now trimming Annie's toes! She was sticking up for her big sister!!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    14 years ago

Oh, we weren't brave enough to give Odin his haircut! We took him to the vets for that. It cost less than we expected and was worth every penny to not be dealing with his antics. Also, he doesn't associate the haircut with us, so he was just very happy to be home afterwards. The only thing he did not like was me following him around with a camera. :-)

That's pretty neat that Sunny was sticking up for Annie... I don't think I've ever really seen our guys even cooperate, let alone go to defend each other. They just play-fight and chase each other around like, well, brothers!

Lois in PA

Sponsored