Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiredprof

Christmas in April...

retiredprof
15 years ago

instead of Easter? It was for me here today. WOO HOO as Token says. Just took delivery of my "big box" of perennials from Bluestone. WOW! They look terrific. Eleven different kinds, some multiples. I placed them outside in a shady spot and watered according to directions. They'll go in next week (I hope).

Plus, PLUS, are you all ready? My new camera and a host of accessories were delivered at the same time! I was weak-in-the-knees and almost went down in front of the UPS man. It was all I could do to even sign the electronic receipt.

So...I'm opening boxes and listening to tunes on Pandora. Now feeling randy, I've decided to make Puttanesca and listen to the call of the Italian sirens to finish off the evening. Oh, and a little vino, too.

I should do this every month.

Prof

Comments (6)

• PVick
    15 years ago

Watch it, Prof! Don't want to wear yourself out.

Those Bluestone plants are pretty neat, aren't they? Is this your first time? Ordering from Bluestone, that is ...

And we await pictures - what camera did you decide on?

PV

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

Sounds like you are all set for a good weekend.
    Good luck w/your plants.
    Hope to see pictures soon.
    Bonnie

• retiredprof
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PV: Yes, Bluestone was my first time. But then I have "first times" every three years. :-)

The plants really are fantastic--larger than expected, clearly labeled, and in great condition. Very impressed with the packaging and obvious care to make sure they arrived in good condition.

As for the camera: As I'm sure you've figured out, I'm a world traveler-- hiking through the Galapagos, the rainforests of Costa Rica, the Italian villages during summer. There was no doubt I needed a major piece of equipment to respond to every photo opp.

I went with a Panasonic Lumix TZ-5 because of the Leica zoom lens (I'm a Leica fan from way back). I can now capture the mating habits of dust mites in low light. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use the damn thing, make them "National Geographic" quality and upload them to some site so I can share.

Seems like a little overkill to catch pics of tomatoes in second leaf, but we'll have some fun!

Prof

PS: FYI, I've never been out of the country. I've lived in Delaware for ten years and never been to the beach!

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Dang, "I'm a world traveler-- hiking through the Galapagos, the rainforests of Costa Rica, the Italian villages during summer", thought I might want to be included on that excel list. Course, you'd have to wait cause my DH is a great guy and in excellent health. (wink)

• mayberrygardener
    15 years ago

So, I'm a little confused, prof; why in the WORLD would anyone ever want to photograph dust mites doin' the nasturtium--and why would you want to set mood lighting for them!?!

Glad to hear that all your goodies came in--you'll have a great couple of days getting it all figured out. For the record, who needs to go to the beach when ya' got a garden to tend!

• PVick
    15 years ago

Looks like you made a good choice on the camera, Prof. I'm partial to Carl Zeiss lenses myself, but that may well be because I really like Sony cameras.

Good luck with it - we'll be watching for some fabuloso pics!

PV

Sponsored