Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodenzoo

Garden Surprises

woodenzoo
18 years ago

I've spent most of the day in the yard. Got rid of some weeds and planted out some flowers and veggies.

I'd say that about 2/3rds of the containers I've wintersowed have sprouted so far. I noticed today, that the Bells of Ireland and the Irises that I've been so worried about have started to sprout and the Blackberry Lilies sprouted about a week ago.

The Japanese painted fern that I brought last year and went downhill quickly after plunking it in the ground has come back! That was a BIG surprise! lol Thinking of digging it up and putting it in a hanging basket, hmm...

Another surprise was that after moving some containers around while deciding where to plant them, I noticed that the hostas that I planted were coming back up! lol When I started to wintersow, the hostas had died back and I hadn't marked where they were so all my containers ended up on top of them! So that was a nice surprise to find today!

My strawberry plant that I overwintered is blooming to beat the band too! lol

Since this wintersowing, and the seed exchange and all the great (and generous!) traders, and well, really, GW in general, I'm beginning to think I'm getting a green thumb! So, I just thought say "thanks" for all the advice and thought I'd share a few of my garden surprises and see if others have some garden surprises that they'd like to share too!

Thanks!

Cathy

Comments (3)

Sponsored