Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pitimpinai

Happy Dance!

pitimpinai
13 years ago

I am so very happy I could busrt

So I have to share this with you.

Don't know if any of you remember how I asked for help about my son finding a place to stay in NYC 3 or 4 summers ago?

We'll, he is graduating next month and got a job offer already. Facebook made him an offer. :-)

And years ago I was so worried about him getting dismissed from school because he was caught in his girlfriend's dorm room after curfew. Sigh........

Actually that was the worst nightmare I had about him.

Apparently, I/we have done a terrific job raising him.

Comments (16)

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your son's job. I can hardly believe that it has been that long since you first watched him go off to NYC. It is a joy for a parent to see one's child move out into the world in such a positive way.

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Bobbie. Guess what? My son got an offer from Google today. Hurray! Hurray!
    New York, here's Js....!!!

• PVick
    13 years ago

Great news, pit! Congrats to your son ..... has he decided whether he's going to take either offer? I hear Google is a great place to work.

PV

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi PV. Thanks. Js has just turned down Facebook and is negotiating with Google for a higher salary. lol. He'll need it if he wants to live in Manhattan. :-)

Facebook wanted him to start right away after graduation. Anyhow, living in Palo Alto, CA is tough without a car, unlike NYC. The problem is NYC is so very expensive. Js likes New York, though. I would rather he work in NYC because it's a lot closer to Chicago than California. :-) That way I can just hop on the plane if I want to come see an opera or revisit the museums. :-D

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    13 years ago

I can see you smiling!!! How sweet life is! We wish him all the best. :O)

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

OMG! How wonderful he has found a job with promise with the economy still lagging! Cheers going his (and your) way, someone has done something right and I suspect both of you :)

• not_a_contessa
    13 years ago

What an exciting time for your family, he must be thrilled, congrats to all of you.

Mary

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, morz28, tiffy & Mary. I still did not quite believe it until we received a package from Google. It's official now that he is a Noogler. :-D That's what the Google Personnel called him - Noogler = new Google employee.

I am tickled pink and so thrilled for him. I have not asked him whether he has looked for a place to live yet. I am thinking he can post a request at Google looking for a room to share with another Googler. :-) Or another Noogler. :-D

I hope that he'll go back to school asap, because he is still very young. And Google give $12,000 tuition reimbursement a year. Wonderful deal. :-)

That's the brightest thing in my life right now. Got passed over for a promotion. I am down in the dump big time. Oh, well. Enough of that....better to go out splitting my seedlings. :-P

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Congratulations, Mone, on your son's job with Google. That is a wonderful tuition deal and hope he takes advantage of it.

Sorry about not getting the promotion. Hugs to you.

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Bobbie. I am so very happy with the Noogler. ;-)
    I really can use a hug. I really am very unhappy with work right now. I try to tell myself that I am lucky I still have a job...

Anyway, I earned $15.00 today from my plant sale..teheee. That was fun.

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

That's great, Mone.

Karen

• drippy
    13 years ago

Hey, you are doing alright with that kid! I have two young adults; still working on the second...he's got a fabulous work ethic when it comes to school, but somehow can't translate it to the real world yet. Half musician, half engineer, I guess I shouldn't have expected otherwise!

Now that your young man is settled in employment, perhaps the good employment stars will turn your way.

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My son cannot afford to live in Manhattan and he does not want to share living space anymore, so he found a 1 bedroom apartment in Astoria, Queens. He is happy as clam. I have yet to see what his place is like. I am planning to go check it out after New Year's. :-) Might as well take in an opera and another visit to the Met. Museum of Art. :-)

Js said he has already gained 5 lbs. because Google feeds its employees 3 meals a day. He does not have to worry about finding food 5 days out of a week. Cool, huh? He is also traveling to California and Ireland on the job. What a job at that! I am so very happy for him.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Glad your son found a place for himself, both a living space and a job that has such great perks. I think of him often when I use Google search.

Hope you are feeling more upbeat and enjoying this lingering fall.

Bobbie

• PVick
    13 years ago

Astoria is another of the "up-and-coming" areas in NYC - wasn't bad before, either. And still cheaper than Manhattan. I sure can't fault him for not wanting to share space anymore - that can get real tired, real quick. Smart and savvy kid you've got there!

Just tell him to watch that weight gain!

PV

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Bobbie & PV.
    I am so very proud of this kid...my one and only....considering how many people are losing their job and how many college grads are looking, he is one lucky kid. :-D

He has taken up swimming again. Google pays for gym membership too. I should take example from him. I need to lose a couple pounds myself. :-D

Yeah, after reading some horror stories about roommates et al, I would rather that Js not share with anyone. Apparently the neighborhood is not bad either.

I am cleaning up the garden and getting ready for a long trip to the southwest. I am attending a conference in Las Vegas. We'll meet up with my sister. We'll travel around the area after my conference. That should be fun.

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!