Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First W.S. Came up for me. Bon

Posted by mastergarder2003 5 MI. (homegardenbon0@aol.com) on
Sun, May 23, 10 at 0:25

Iam so happy to have some seeds W.S. up and finally planted ,coriopsis, Clematis, butterfly bush, rose mallow, yellow hybiscus, yellow rose, fox glove. Something's have not come up. Iam very happy with what did. O' a few lily' s did come up too. I also put a few seed's right in the garden and some of them came up also this way lily's cone flowers, but not as many. I do have some left in container's yet, to see later if they will grow, and some are to sm. to transplant yet. O' yes I had some cone flower's also do well. I sure have enjoyed and will continue watching them grow, in the garden now, and will keep Swaping for more seed's for next yr. and collecting more pop bottle' milk jug's. I did use some ice cream buckets with plastic and lids too. I tryed on my compost a spot,with a clear shower curtain but I didn't like that Idea as well as just using container's. I did pick up in a garage sale a laundry basket to put the container in. I polked hole's to drain the basket, I did use duct tape and removed it later with lids off the top's like they mentioned and it worked well, and I cut the containers like a T shape to be able to add the soil Gw is great at helping with Ideas on the how to. I have, over all, enjoyed the effort it took. It was fun and I would do again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First W.S. Came up for me. Bon

Congratulations, winter sowing is really a lot of fun. I've only been doing it for 2 years, and I have many plants I would not otherwise have as a result.

o
RE: First W.S. Came up for me. Bon

Thanks Lois, I think I will try WS again this yr. I was pondering what to plant, I love the seed swap so many seeds to choose from. What on earth do we do if we run out of room in the garden . I Just love the yellow swamp hibiscus I grew this year WS. it was so pretty and I dont believe I have ever seen one grown in Mi. I hope it re seeds itself will see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here