Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What should I cook for lunch?

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, May 16, 09 at 10:25

For the first time in years, we did NOT do Race for the Cure. My oldest son is in San Diego and we just couldn't all agree to do it. So, we will do Cat Capers in the fall for Cat Welfare in the Ravine district. It's a lot of fun with cool houses and gardens. The hills kill my legs.

So, I have my 17 year old daughter and my 19 year old sophmore Ohio State son. I'm going to Fresh Market to buy stuff for a special lunch. What to cook?

hmmmmm. What are YOU cooking today?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What should I cook for lunch?

I have no idea what to cook today! It's just my son and I, hubby is out driving the "Party Bus" on a wedding charter. My son loves salmon, maybe we can do that.... unless I can talk him into grilled cheese and tomato soup... probably not.

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, May 16, 09 at 13:30

Bought two rotisserie chickens to serve with Dreamland BBQ sauce my son found down south. Have some crab cakes and croisants for sandwiches. Fruit to confuse their colons.

Storms on the way - or not? Planted out my oregano.

o

"Fruit to confuse their colons."

You crack me up! One day last summer while I was working at the pool, I was sharing some of my fresh, cut up fruit with the kids there. (I always figured that was one "safe" snack, even right before dinner... but what do I know?) One of the little girls got yelled at for "wrecking" her dinner on FRUIT! Of all things!!

o

Well, breakfast was a slice of my homemade pineapple cheesecake, (balanced, of course; graham crackers are whole grain, cream cheese is a protein, and pineapple filling is fruit, right?) so for lunch I decided to eat some leftover asparagus with no dressing, and a hard-boiled egg.

I'm really a happy camper, that cheese cake was so delicious and long over-due as a treat for me. Tonight I'll make some low-fat cream of asparagus soup from the peeled and cooked stems, made richer with leftover mashed potatoes and some powdered milk. It really tastes like it's loaded with calories, but it isn't.

Mary

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, May 16, 09 at 17:30

Nancy, some folks are nuts. Some are just stupid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here