Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The use of OT: on the discussions page of the forums

Posted by albert_135 Sunset 2 or 3 (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 11:43

Did you ever wonder why persons use OT: on the discussions page of these forums rather than clicking on the conversations page?

Conjectures that come to mind are the lack of traffic in conversations, or they just don't know about conversations, or they are rude, or [fill in the blank].

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The use of OT: on the discussions page of the forums

I like to think that it's more lack of traffic here. I know that quite a few people are not even aware of this area of the forum... which is WHY there is a lack of traffic here.

Sometimes, the question or the topic is only slightly OT and could be relevant to gardening in general. Then perhaps it DOES belong in the discussion forum.

As for being rude? I'm thinkin' no. I haven't had that problem with anyone here... well except for me... I've been known to be rude at least once or twice. ;)

o

I agree. I didn't know about this area of the forum until somebody mentioned it in discussions.

o

Or perhaps just bored? Winter is over in more than half the world so what can the winter sowing people have to anxiously talk about.

A few minutes ago 9/30 or 30% of the page one posts were labeled OT:. There were probably more.

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Thu, May 28, 09 at 9:00

The OT posts dont bother me at all. I think many things are labeled OT that, in my mind, are not OT and are perfectly on topic.

The only posts that I think are rude are the occassional spam posts.

o

• Posted by ajpa z6 se PA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 4, 09 at 17:21

Guilty! I use OT a lot there. Trying to use this forum instead for my current whine (hint hint hint).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here