Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone use Merry Maids?

Posted by kqcrna z6 Oh (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 07 at 14:45

I need a new cleaning service and was considering trying this company. I've heard that they're very expensive so was wondering if their service is worth the price. Seems to me someone posted recently saying they use this service as a way to make more gardening time. Anyone have any experience with them?

It might be against GW rules to post comments on a specific company, I'm not sure. So if you could just email privately, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone use Merry Maids?

I used Merry Maids in Oklahoma and loved them. They went out of business here in Columbus and I use Molly Maids. Being a single parent with allergies, I can't live without it. Worth every penny to me.

o

Thanks, Bakemom. I had them here for an estimate yesterday and they're coming Friday for the first time. Though they are pricey, I need some help and hope I'll have as good an experience as you did. Good to hear from someone I know ( or feel that I know) who can recommend them. I appreciate the input.

Karen

o

They came Friday, first time, and I was impressed with the job they did. If they continue the same way I'll be very happy with them.

Karen

o

Many of us single working mums try something. I know folks that do the individual cleaners etc., but it seems the best results are the companies who are bonded and screen. Some people do once a month, others once a week. I do every two weeks and it seems to work well for us.

o

Yes, I'm starting at every 2 weeks and will see how that goes. It's only my husband and me at home now but it's a fairly big 4 br, 2 1/2 bath house, a lot to keep clean. If they do a good job every other week I think it won't be such a job for me on their off weeks, just a quickie.

I need garden time!

Karen

o

I find that the "every other week" scrub and polish works well, been doing it for years with a private cleaner. Might run the vacuum around on the off week, but thats about it. Of course counters, sinks, etc still need maintance, but eliminating the tile scubbing/floor care (especially during gardening season) is a god send.

Over the years, we have occationally "stopped" the cleaning service when money was tight. After 2 months or so it is usually my husband who says "Lets just eat rice and beans and get them back!" because the stress of keeping up with the house (and 2 full time jobs and two kids)makes us all miserable. Too much conflict about whose turn it is to do what, etc. And during gardening season (which I have just turned into January to October as a new WSer!!!!!) I have NO time for a boring, thankless activity like dusting!

You'll love it....
Nancy

o

Here's a little poem that expresses my thoughts on the subject!

She Dug The Plot On Monday

She dug the plot on Monday
The soil was rich and fine
She forgot to thaw out dinner
So we went out to dine

She planted roses Tuesday
She says they are a must
They really are quite lovely
But she quite forgot to dust

On Wednesday it was daisies
They opened with the sun
All whites and pinks and yellows
But the laundry wasnt done

The poppies came on Thursday
A bright and cheery red
I guess she really was engrossed
She never made the bed

It was violets on Friday
Its color she adores
It never bothered her at all
All the crumbs upon the floors

I hired a maid on Saturday
My week is now complete
My wife can garden all she wants
The house will still be neat!

Its nearly lunchtime Sunday
And I cannot find the maid
Oh No! I dont believe it!
Shes out there
With a Spade!!!

Author Anonymous

o

ghoghunter: That's so true! I love the poen. I just emailed it to my husband at his office; he'll be able to relate to the sentiment.

I am using Merry Maids every other week, and I'm pretty impressed. Though pricey, they do a much better job than any of the private cleaning ladies I've used.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here