Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your Prays Needed

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 15:25

I will be going into tomorrow to have a biopsy on my breast at 2pm after my doctor found a growth during my first mamagram examine followed by an ultrasound 2 weeks ago. I am a little worried since my maternal great-grandmother died of breast cancer so please include me in your prayers. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the biopsy results back, but hope it's fairly quick.

Thank you,

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your Prayers Needed

vera,
First, let me acknowledge your fears and concerns. They are yours to own. But don't let them own you. Second, each of my own biopsies have been benign. Keep in mind this is by far the most common outcome. Third, should the results reveal something more grave, remember that thanks to the efforts of Nancy Brinker and many, many others, treatments that didn't even exist ten years ago are kicking breast cancer in the seat of the pants. Should a battle be necessary, it is yours to win. You have my prayers.

o
RE: Your Prays Needed

Don't worry too much. I know it's not easy to stop thinking about the outcome, but it maybe nothing. Good luck.

o

Good luck, Vera. I'll be thinking of you.

Karen

o

Thanks....
I've only been up since 3am....couldn't sleep. I'm probably more scared of the being stabbed :0
I was fretting the mamagram too before I went in; it didn't even hurt a bit LOL! Then again I'm small chested...not much there to flatten HA!

Vera

o

Hi Vera, I know just how you feel! I had to have a lung biopsy in the fall, and when I met the doctor I told him I was praying to every major and minor god known to man! I really didn't know what to expect.

I was amazed at his good work, I never even felt the needle, and he got his tissue sample on the first try. I thanked him for making it so easy for me.

Hopefully, you will have an easy time of it too, and I hope you get good news as a result. I'll be sending prayers your way.

Mary

o

Vera, Be sure to keep us posted. Hoping it wasn't too unpleasant and that the results are good.

Karen

o

Vera,
I am praying that everything went okay for you today! Let us know! Hugs to you!
Rebecca

o

Everything went smooth as silk! The only time I felt any pain was when I was being injected with the lanacain. I got to watch the procedure from the ultrasound and he took 3 samples of tissue. It really was pretty cool watching that needle go it and then another one was inserted thru the first which shot like a dart into the growth and back out! Those are called core samples. He really was a good doctor and apparently he is no.1 in the Breast Evalution division. I should be expecting lab results no later than Monday. He thinks it looked like nothing but given my family history that wanted to confirm it.
The lanacain lasted no longer than 15 minutes from the time we left and boy then did I ever feel the pain!! Wowie!! Shame on me, but I called upon my good neighbor who hooked me up with a couple Vicadan; I felt no pain :O I kicked back with my Mother Earth News and their extra special edition that was waiting for me and didn't move and inch LOL!
This morning I'm feeling pretty good...hardly no pain that an ibuprofen can't handle :D

Thanks for the prayers,

Vera

o

Thinking of you, Vera and sending prayers your way that the results come back as good news and nothing to worry about. Take it easy.
Hugs,
Bonny

o

Glad to hear, Vera. Hoping for good results for you.

Karen

o

Wheww....good for you. My thougts are with you.

o

Vera: Did you get your test results?

Karen

o

vera ... usually *no news is good news* ... but, i suspect there are many, many of us who are checking here constantly waiting for your post .... from phyl, who is missing you ...........

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Vera.
Bobbie

o

Vera: I just saw this post and wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Please let us know how you are doing.

o

I just read this today Vera. I hope the test results have eased your mind, and that you are healthy and happy,

girlgroupgirl

o

Vera, I just saw this post today. Hope all is well and we will hear from you soon.

Fran

o

Hi, Vera ... I just saw your post this morning. I hope all is well and that you'll keep us posted.

o

Hi Vera,

Hope you have good news to report- I also just saw this post now. Vera our thoughts are with you, hope all is well....SUSAN

o

I missed all this too...I can start the delayed praying action now.

L

o

Hi Vera,

We've all been praying for you. Have you gotten the results yet?

o

vera - I never go to the conversations and then I found this thread! Are you okay??? I guess since it's been since May and you've been happily posting on the forums, you must be....

Carrie

o

Hi Carrie!! Oh sheesh...forgot to update! I'm just okie dokie. It was nothing but a fibroid...good grief huh?

Thanks for asking :D

Vera

o

HOORAY!!!!! I'm so glad to read this great news, Vera. Sending hugs of happiness your way. And to you too Carrie for reminding her to let us know.
Happy day everyone.
Bonny

o

Glad to read your good news, Vera. Joy and hugs all around!
Bobbie

o

...and who said you couldn't find "real" friends on the internet? They haven't been to the wintersow forum LOL!

Luv back at'cha :D

Vera

o

I'm so glad! Had been off the boards for a while when I found this thread, was reluctant to chime in in case the news was less than great. I've been through this 3 times, so know it's often nothing, but the resulting bruises aren't very pretty, eh? Happy day!

Ana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here