Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good News

Posted by moonphase z7 Ga (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 08 at 16:20

The arteriogram showed blockage in 3 arteries but not enough that I need surgery now for this.They also said there is a small apical defect-not sure what this is.The mitral valve is showing minimal leakage.but now are saying the cord is not detached-Thank God The cardio doc says he does not know what is causing this and now I have 4 drs.and am hearing different opinions and 2 are of the same group,each putting it off on the other to come up with what should be done.I asked to be dismissed.I am going to find a cardiologist at Emory to find out the cause.Kidney function was 45% when I left.I went to a chronic renal failure class yesterday for 2 hrs.I learned alot.I am at stage 3.I go to a nutrionist June 16.I know it will be a strict diet but thats ok.At this point.I will try my best to do whatever they say.I can lift 10 lbs,walk 30 min a day starting at 10 and working up.No more big hole digging for me.I did stay out a few minutes yesterday just walking around enjoying my flowers.They are so beautiful and have so many blooming.I will try to plant maybe 10-20 a day.My daughters came and did quite a few for me.I will just be glad when all of this is over.I want to get back to my gardening life..
Thank You all for your prayers,thoughts and caring.I believe God heard those prayers and that is why I did not have to have heart surgery right now.I am expecting the same for the mitral valve surgery.It is so good to be back home with family and all my garden web friends.
hugs,
moonphase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good News

Glad that you are home and able to enjoy your gardens. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue through this medical journey. Hurray for helpful daughters.
Bobbie

o

Glad to hear the good news. Take care of yourself!

Karen

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Wed, May 14, 08 at 20:53

moonphase - that is really good news! Emory is a great place to look for a cardiologist - one of the top heart centers in the country.

much good luck, and hope you can get back to your gardening very soon!

PV

Here is a link that might be useful: Emory Heart Center

o

I am so glad to hear from you, moonphase. I will continue to keep you and your family in prayer. Enjoy your beautiful garden. I think enjoying our natural world is a form of healing, too.

regards,

Nora

o

Oh good moonphase! Take a nice comfy chair and SIT in the gardens and admire them a bit and relish the fact that surgery is not right around the corner at least! Perhaps the doctors at Emery will have other ideas. One day at a time. Best of luck to you!

Nancy

o

Moonphase, so glad to hear you're out of the hospital and don't need surgery for the time being. My sister & I had a scare with my Mom about a month back. Here's a couple articles we found regarding mitral valves.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/mvp/mvp_whatis.html

The one above has some drawings of the heart which may be useful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitral Valves

o

Yes that is good news Moonphase so glad your home enjoying your garden. Wishing you all the best health for the future.

o

Glad to hear you're home. Had you on my mind.

Had my father in ER twice in past several weeks and waiting to hear on date for catheterization with stents most likely. They said he had some "leakage" also but this was first we heard about it when getting second opinion after first cardiologist got miffed that I asked too many questions. They wanted to schedule catheterization without telling us what they found on nuclear tests to warrant it. Told them they weren't going to stick a catheter in his femoral artery and root around in his heart without telling us why. New docs are patient, kind and top rated for this "everyday procedure." Guess I should've expected this since he's 80 but all the doctors still keep saying his heart muscle is fit as a fiddle but won't be if whatever is causing blockage/leakage isn't investigated or fixed.

He's 80 and you're still a spring chicken, Moonphase. You go girl, and find docs who will help you get back onto the garden path at whatever speed feels right for you.

o

Great news...thanks for the update!
-- nice to have daughters to help you with your garden :-)

L

o

So glad your home ") I have thought about you often.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here