Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiredprof

Happy Mother's Day!

retiredprof
14 years ago

Sincere best wishes to all of you moms out there! Hope you're having a great day, enjoying family and taking at least a small break from gardening chores.

Well, I decided to celebrate, too. Woke up at 5:00 am, made coffee, read the news, and fed Dee who promptly barfed up her entire breakfast. Cleaned that up. Then fed Flint, my African Grey parrot, who was screaming "Breakfast, now!" He also promptly regurgitated on me (it's a sign of affection).

I decided right then I was a mommy as well as a daddy to the animal children and I was going to celebrate being a "single parent" who lives both roles.

Took me out to breakfast at the old folks diner, then hit my favorite nursery to buy me a treat or two.

Came home with a one-gallon pot of dianthus "Coconut Surprise" that must have a hundred buds on it. Then went in to the veggie greenhouse. Just had to (had to) buy a Black Krim and Cherokee Purple transplant. Then wait... they had Hansel and Gretel eggplants!!!

I thought I would keel over. Picked up one of each.

So, now I'm making myself a grand dinner, having some vino and celebrating along with you all you real moms.

Ooooh, I can't wait till Father's Day! ;-)

Prof

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida