Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm a dad!

Posted by token28001 zone7 NC (My Page) on
Sun, May 10, 09 at 19:34

bursztyn tomato. There's a whole litter of them out there.

Grown under lights. Sown Feb 8. Moved to the hoop house a few times in March. Planted out April 12. First harvest should be in the middle of June.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm a dad!

Haven't heard about this one. Is it a Roma type? Looks sort of elongated.

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sun, May 10, 09 at 21:44

U scared me there for a minit....

o

I haven't been able to find much about it. Received the seeds in a trade and I sowed them. 60-70 DTM. That's quick enough that I could get two crops if I had the seeds.

tatiana's database

Looks to be a large plum variety. 2-4 oz fruits. But 9lbs/plant.

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 12, 09 at 20:09

Congrats, Token! Hope you have some good tomato recipes.

Do tomatoes that ripen before the full heat of the summer still taste ok? Please excuse my tomato ignorance, I am a veggie garden newbie this year. :-)

Lois in PA

o

Ya know lois, I have no idea. I've never harvested tomatoes before the end of June. This will be a new one for me. It won't help that this is my first time planting this variety either.

I also have baby San Marzano, Green Zebra, and Rutgers.

o

I was a little worried too!
Many, many, moons ago I was a flight attendant. I did get pregnant(by my husband)and there has always been this misconception about pilots and flight attendants :-) so whenever I had a new crew to fly with I would introduce myself then say "Yes, I'm pregnant and no, it's not yours!"
-B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here