Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In case you missed it ....

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Sun, May 3, 09 at 20:01

Saturday, May 2, 2009, was the fifth annual World Naked Gardening Day.

Visit the website so you can find out more about it and get ready for next year's event.

PV

P.S. When you visit, go with a sense of humor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In case you missed it ....

Too funny... Now the question is how did you find the site, and are you a contributing member? :)
Monica

o

Wow! I wonder if these people know about Hairy Balls and Peter Peppers?

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sun, May 3, 09 at 23:52

From the looks of them, I'd say they know ....

Monica - how did I know someone would ask me that question? LOL! Came upon them just surfin' the web ...

PV

o

Oh good lord. I didn't even see any plants that excited me. Why is it the last people that should be naked in public are always the first to lose their clothes?

I at least wait til sundown to stroll naked through the backyard.

o

Wow! Here I was thinking that Winter Solstice party was the only one that included gardening and nakedness!

I wonder if Trudi knows about this? Probably not... she would have let us know ahead of time!

o

Their suggestion that people do a service to the community by guerrilla weeding in public parks is going to get them some real "community service"...LOL.

I like the guy in the top banner photo with a yellow day lily hiding his jewels...LOL.

o

Oh, good. I have a whole year to get me an outfit ready! Hmmm... maybe a giant taro leaf.

Prof

o

LOL, I'm not brave enough to do that, but think of the money you would save in clothes if you did this all summer long! More money for seeds, dirt, etc ;D

o

Mon, May 4, 09 at 21:10

I think I'll keep my clothes on, thank you very much. Mosquito bites on the bum are no fun ...

o

Oh, Shasta I wouldn't save much on clothing... I'd be spending my savings on sunscreen!

Although, those of you who can tolerate sun exposure wouldn't have to worry about tan lines.

o

OK PV, how do you know that "Mosquito bites on the bum are no fun"????

o

Tue, May 5, 09 at 20:32

Hehehe ... let's just say that I grew up on an island in the middle of the sea ....

o

I just sent this to my sister and all 3 of my daughters, they all need a good laugh these days. One thing is for sure, you'd never catch my arse out in the garden buck neked.

Mary

o

That would itch like mad. :-D
Nakedness in the garden is out for me, 'cuz I get contact dermatitis easily. I cover myself from head to toes whenever I am in the garden. :-)

o

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! Think "Stinging Nettle".
cAROL

o

Yeah... and who was it that was having a poison ivy problem with the neighbors?

Posted by tiffy: OK PV, how do you know that "Mosquito bites on the bum are no fun"????

Tiffy, I think that kinda goes without sayin'... like a naked beach is not always the place you want to be... gosh, that sand gets into places.. you can't imagine!

It just goes without sayin' how ya know it... you just know it... like something you learned about in Vegas.

o

My mom always said "clothes enhance the body" and boy was she right!
-B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here