Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

I have never been so outraged...(Bonny High School Graduation)

mmqchdygg
14 years ago

I am usually not one to be 'moved' by news...probably because we become so immune to the nightly violence and drama, but this one has got my panties in a bunch, and I can't believe that this superintendent did this to this boy. The video is to the right, and there's shots of what actually took place.

The administrators should be ashamed of themselves for taking this moment away from this boy.

As for the rest of what went on, it's typical graduation stuff, and 'tradition' according to the students (regardless of some piece of paper that says "no beach balls"). I can't believe the administration couldn't just let the celebration BE a celebration, and insist so adamantly that it be a "somber" occasion that it was ruined for these kids.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonny Eagle High School Kid doesn't get his diploma for

Comments (4)

• nancy_drew
    14 years ago

Some folks live their lives in a constant struggle for power and control. When they don't get what they want they have a temper tantrum... poor Suzanne. Power seems to elude her... so does the respect of her Graduates. It's sad for everyone around her. And for her as well.

"When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

This reminds me of a story that was passed around a few years ago. Snopes lists it as partly true, a few things are a bit off... but it is based on fact.

The Sneeze
    More than one way to have a benediction at at college graduation ...

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium.

With their rich maroon gowns flowing .... and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would NOT pray during the commencements----not by choice, but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families.

The speeches were nice, but they were routine ... until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened.

All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly sneezed!

The student on stage simply looked at the audience and said, "God bless youÂeach and every one of you! And he walked off stageÂ

The audience exploded into applause. This graduating class had found a unique way to invoke GodÂs blessing on their future with or without the courtÂs approval.

(This is a true story; it happened at the University of Maryland)

• dawiff
    14 years ago

Wow, MM! That is outrageous! IMO, that superintendent should be disciplined. Some people just have small minds and no sense of humor, for one thing.

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There's a lot of talk about "it's not about the kiss" and about a signed agreement (IMO- "guidelines" that should never be enforced unless in extreme cases of disrespect), and about his cords (which apparently were not academic, but he did not display them outside the robe...he played by the rules in that regard)...
    I think this is just so awful. There are no do-overs...this is ruined for life.

• nancy_drew
    14 years ago

Perhaps come payday for Suzanne, someone should hang on to her paycheck for a while. When she complaines she earned it... well maybe she did... but then again...

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor