Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Niceness is not dead

Posted by ajpa z6 se PA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 5, 09 at 15:03

Just wanted to share. My 12yo's glass lens popped out -- a screw had gotten loose. And one nose pad was missing. (Kids!)
We'd gotten the glasses at some big chain a couple of years ago. I didn't have the receipt anymore, didn't know if it was still on warranty, etc ...
I walked into a locally owned optical shop I'd never been into before near her school and asked if they could fix it. The girl said sure! with a big smile, took it, and 10 minutes later handed it back to me good as new. I asked how much I owed them and she said -- oh, no, that's fine. She made me feel like she was truly happy to have helped me.
I am so impressed and heartened.
The next time someone in the family needs glasses I will be back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Niceness is not dead

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 5, 09 at 20:11

Thanks for sharing, ajpa.. I wish more people realized how beneficial niceness is... Even if it does not always bring you more business (although it often does), it usually make you happier.

Lois in PA

o

We have had the same experience as yours at the local optical store, Ajpa, and in general there is a very high level of niceness to be found in both businesses and residents of this area of South Central Pennsylvania. Friendliness can be found coming from people of all ages, and it certainly adds greatly to the quality of life I am able to enjoy since I moved here.

Mary

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 6, 09 at 18:26

Id say that most eyeglass places will perform this service for you, hoping that you'll come back.

:) We have nice ones here too!

o

Wow...how cool is that!

Linda

o

... And sometimes I think gardeners are some of the nicest folks around! A nurse who lives down the street has a garden to die for. It's her therapy, so she is out there almost every day before or after her shift. I love to walk by and admire the variety of flowers and shrubs. Lately, I've been admiring a new kind of chrysanthemum that she has. It looks like a darker pink "Clara Curtis", which is tough as nails around here. I have not been able to find what kind it is. So, I told her how much I admired it, and she promptly ripped a couple handfuls up by the roots and handed them to me. That lovely gift just made my day. (I'll have to bake her some shortbread cookies as a thank you.)

Niceness is by no means dead when it comes to gardeners!

Lois in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here