Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
get tired too quickly

Posted by ajpa z6 se PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 2, 09 at 15:53

I can't do more than a couple gardening tasks a day because I tire so easily. (I think my iron stores are low -- I had anemia a while ago).
It's so frustrating to have so many things I want to do in the garden and just be too exhausted to move.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: get tired too quickly

Hi ajpa,

I feel for you. Might be worthwhile to have your iron checked again. I was really exhausted most days this past winter, only able to WS a few jugs a week. Spring cleanup was really tiring as well. I suspected it may be my thyroid, especially since my mom and sister both are hypothyroid. So I finally went to my doctor and had some tests done. In my case everything was normal. It was a little frustrating because I knew something wasn't right. Then a friend of mine asked me have I had my hormone levels checked. Turns out I am estrogen dominant. Starting using a progesterone cream a couple months ago and my energy levels are so much better now.

Hope all this is resolved soon. Just be sure to listen to your body and do what you can. I feel it is important to honor what our bodies are trying to tell us. After all we couldn't enjoy our gardens without them.

-StLGirl

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 5, 09 at 10:35

Pretty soon those WS veggies will start to produce and we can all eats lots and lots of veggies and start to feel better.

AJ, Id suggestmaking sure you get enough protein. To many people deprive themselves of protein for trying to lose weight. I make lentil and barley soup with a sauteed onion(or two) and dont forget the garlic. and a can or two or tomatoes (just until I get some growing), the onion contains one of those plant nutriend thingys that produce energy. lance armstrong is promoting some goofy supplement that contains that onion thingy.

o

• Posted by ajpa z6 se PA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 5, 09 at 12:31

StLGirl, I have not heard of estrogen dominant -- interesting. I probably should get my blood checked again. My daughter has thyroid issues (from the dad's side) and it is so tricky to get the right balance of hormones, isn't it?

Doris, you are right -- I used to low-carb and had so much more energy. I fell off the wagon though. I bet if I go back it will help. Low-carb made me avoid a lot of processed starches and eat more protein.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here