Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_drew_gw

Outrage at the pool...

nancy_drew
14 years ago

I started back at the pool on Thursday. I am so glad to be back, and the new people are perfect choices! Everything was going great, until yesterday when I brought my son and his best friend to the pool to swim. We have three pools that are connected, I was having trouble keeping up with them they were going back and forth... anyway...

I was sitting and reading a book, both kids are expert swimmers, young teens. They went in to another pool area to use the diving pool. I put down my book when I heard this man yelling "F- you, I'll f-ing kill you! I will, I'll kill you!"

I looked at him and for a minute I thought he was talking on his cell phone. Then Tina, the attendant on duty, got up and I switched into momma mode and we both walked over to see. That was when I realized the guy was yelling at my son's best friend!

Tina and I went over to him and kicked him out of the pool. I was not standing for this crap! I threatened to call the police if he didn't remove himself by the time I got my phone. He kept yelling something about his daughter. (Who later on, I heard is afraid of him. So are all her other friends.)

I found out my son's friend was talking to his daughter. The man thought he heard something said in disrespect of his daughter, who is actually is friendly with the two boys. He went absolutely NUTS! Now, here he was, yelling these horrible things to two KIDS! A 13 year old child and a 14 year old!!

I don't care what care what either of the boys said, I am quite sure it didn't deserve THIS! I know those kids, they are not offensive! (They also know, one mistake and they will not be back, Mom works here!!)

My son's best friend is much more than just a friend. His best friend is part of our extended family. Our son is part of his family, as well. His parents, my husband and I consider that we are raising these two boys together, and his parents feel the same way about our son. That being said... that kid is mine when his mom isn't there.

This child is a source of positive peer pressure for my son. He has been for 6 or 7 years. It sickens me to think that the thing that man found so offensive, was that this friend is black.

I don't know how to feel, I'm still kind of tormented by the hate, how can anyone threaten to kill a child? This behaviour, this hate coming from one of my neighbors, no less!! I don't think any of us will ever forget it. I've never encountered that kind of outrage... hope I never do again!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus