Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pvick_gw

No offense to anyone ...

PVick
16 years ago

... but iVillage is really pissing me off with this full page Dove video ad that I've been getting lately! The surest way to get me UNinterested is to shove something in my face constantly.

Is anyone else getting this ad??

PV

Comments (7)

• Lisa_H OK
    16 years ago

PV: Have you tried downloading Mozilla with Ad Block Plus? Honestly, it is the best deal ever....free, and it blocks all pop ups and most imbedded ads.

I have been using Mozilla for at least a year and it runs very well. I can run IE side by side with it with no problem.

I'm attaching a link to Antique Roses where they have been discussing this.

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Ads

• PVick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the link, Lisa. At least I know others are suffering too ..lol!

I've known about Mozilla/Firefox for a while now, just too lazy to go that route. My other "problem" is the $%^(#%# AOL, which is my ISP - for now. I've promised myself a new machine as a birthday gift (would you believe I'm still running Windows 98?), so I'm gonna get rid of all the annoyances then.

Thanks again.

PV

• Lisa_H OK
    16 years ago

PV: I understand. I refuse to have a computer at home right now because I'm not getting one until I'm willing to pay for high speed internet. Work has spoiled me :)

Lisa

• vera_eastern_wa
    16 years ago

Mozilla has change my life LOL!

Vera

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I am a Firefox user too. When my computer was out, I stopped by the library a few times to use theirs. All they had was IE, and I felt like I was trying to use the computer with one arm tied behind my back. It was even 'slow' on their high speed.

I asked about maybe getting Firefox there, and was informed it wasn't a possibility.

Sue

• PVick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

iVillage is a trip. My pop-up blocker is working fine now, but I have it set to play a sound when it blocks. This is the ONLY site I visit where each and every page I open has a pop up to block! Each and every time! Bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop, bloop!

If I didn't like the folks here so much, I wouldn't come here any more.

Geez, ivillage needs to get a grip! I liked it better when I paid a subscription fee and didn't have to block every blasted ad that exists on the face of the earth .....

PV

• kqcrna
    16 years ago

I'm with you, PV. I'd rather pay, as I do on Dave's site. No ads there.

I realize this is an old thread. Nothing changes though except the particular ad that they are running at the time. Now it's M&Ms.

Can't talk my husband into Mozilla. We run 2 pop-up blockers which do block most, but sometimes one gets through. When these things aggravate me, I leave for a while and go to Dave's where these don't exist, coming back here later when the ad is no longer running. By driving people away (regular users as well as potential new users, ivillage drives customers away a lot I'd bet.

Karen