Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Webkat - somebody needs pet rescue advice....

Posted by zone_envy z3a_NW_Ont (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 13:46

and I thought of you! I was surfing around the Garden Junk forum (never post over there, just lurk, lol)and saw this post asking for advice on how to raise 4 abandoned kittens that are about a week old. I know you have helped others here before with this issue and thought you might be able to offer some helpful bits of wisdom. They look so sweet, it just breaks your heart and I couldn't think of any other way to help. I'll link the post at the bottom for you.

Thanks,
Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: Abandoned kittens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Webkat - somebody needs pet rescue advice....

I posted a message....I hope they do well, it can be very difficult....I have raised quite a few, lost some, too.

o

Thanks, Kathy! I'm sure that she'll appreciate the advice you gave. They're so tiny, I sure hope they make it.

It must be very rewarding, but equally heartbreaking to do pet rescues. I have the greatest admiration for you and for others who do this.

Thanks again,
Cindy

o

Do you know anything about rabbits? It is the same every year that the animals find the nests and drag them to the doorstep of my house and my SIL's house. Yesterday, my neice recieved one from her little Maltapoop and was asking me for advice (of which I have little...have yet to successfully save one, and our vets and HS here can't deal with them due to volume-- I live in the country)

o

Rabbits have a defense mechanism built in which, once caught by a "predator", they can begin shutting down their systems.

There is not a whole lot that can be done at that point....

That being said, if the eyes are open and they are mobile, they do not need care, they can find food for themselves.

I live in the country, too and my dogs find all the rabbit nests which are in the fenced yard....rabbits simply aren't very smart or they would nest in the pasture, not where all the dogs are running around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here