Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gift of Green Bean

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 14:33

Here's a wierd story. Last night after we got back from the fireworks, I was settled in bed reading when I heard Maggie squawk. She's a six year old 10 pound medium hair blue and white I adopted from Cat Welfare and she is the love of my life.

Normally when she mews like that with a mouthful, it is a baby rabbit that she shoves through the cat door and then gently brings to me while the rabbit is screaming. The rabbit is unharmed with just a little cat spit on the back of its neck. I was expecting the worst.

She brought me a green bean. It was an immature bean, still not ripe enough to harvest. It looked like something from a neighbor's garden. She has never brought me vegetables before. Nipper brought me a piece of fried chicken, but other than that, it's mousies, chipmunks, rabbits etc. I told her she was a good girl. After a while, she took the bean and went somewhere else, probably to give it to my 16 year old daughter. Oh yeah, Kelly tells me it's on her nightstand.

A GREEN BEAN?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gift of Green Bean

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 16:05

Maybe she's trying to tell you to grow FOOD!

o

How cute! I would much rather have a green bean! One night a cat we used to have snuck in the door with a baby rabbit when my husband went out to go to work. I was awakened by its scream. Talk about freaking out! I found her under my desk with it. It didn't make it. I love cats but that's one of the reasons that I won't get another one. They can't fight their instincts to hunt and I really like my birds and rabbits. I can't imagine having a cat door and having them bring whatever they catch into the house! I can picture one bringing a snake in and placing it on my bed saying, "Look at me mom! Aren't you proud?"

o

She's decided to become a vegetarian?

She's "going green"?

She's been seeing a PETA person behind your back?

Too cute!

Mary

o

LOL!!!!
That's funny!
Cats are such a trip.
(Oh I hate when the baby rabbit seasons arrive. It's all I can do not to cry. Sometimes, I wind up chasing the rabbit around the house trying to get to it before one of the animals do. Between four cats and a dog, that's really a chore!)
--maybe that greenbean is special? maybe there's special seeds inside it she knows her mamma might like... :-)

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here