Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Door County Wisconsin

Posted by stlgirl 6a MO (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 25, 09 at 20:54

My DH and I will be headed to Door County in a few weeks with our dog. I was lucky enough to get a cabin just a stone's throw away from Lake Michigan for a great price. Anyway I am wondering does anybody know of specific places/ attractions that are dog friendly? I know Whitefish Dunes has a doggy beach. Also wondering has anybody done the Fish Boil? What did you think? I know I want to give it a try. Are they any things/ places I should not miss? Thanks for any input and suggestions.

-Amy (StLGirl)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Door County Wisconsin

Had a lovely time. I highly recommend this place for a relaxing getaway.

-StLGirl

o

Glad you had a relaxing trip. Did you try the fish boil? We visited Door County in mid-October one year. Had a great time but didn't try the fish boil. Meant to, but time slipped away.

o

Yes, I did try the fish boil. Found it flavorful, most likely due to the loads of melted butter on top. DH had fried cod, the thought of boiled fish just didn't sound right to him.

My favorite food though had to be the smoked salmon and the fresh Wisconsin Cheddar cheese. Oh yeah, the Door County wine we purchased was yummy too.

-StLGirl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here