Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with ID....pretty please!

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5b-6a (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 26, 06 at 7:12

I posted a few pics in the Gallery of a plant I was gifted with...the gal that gave it to my husband to give to me said it was a Hosta, but I'm thinking not. Either that or my DH heard her wrong! The leaves are much to thick and it sure looks like it was a runner from a mother plant. The runner is about a 10" long and thick. It looks very familiar and I probably learned it in my plant ID classes at school, but just can't place it now. I really need to know how much it 'runs' and if it does is it slow and easy to maintain. She gave it to me to add to my shade area that I've been working on and this area is not big enough to accomidate a thug!

Please take a look!

Thanks,

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with ID....pretty please!

Ok...I took some better pics this morning; much clearer images. I'll just post them right here in this thread. Thanks in advance.
The roots beneath the plant are fiberous and the rhizome extends from the crown.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is this just a really thick leaved Hosta?

Vera

o
better?

Are you seeing blurry images? I have this new accelerator downloaded from my ISP. In order to pick up the speed then the images in the brower are poor. I can re-set as I like, but didn't realize I had to keep the "original image" qualitity while uploading.

Sorry, let me try again.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o
RE: Need help with ID....pretty please!

Ok. It's Bergenia cordifolia. I planted it in front of the Foxglove :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here